
Awww...seriously, who doesnt love bunnies?? My favourite was the siamese, but there were heaps of other rabbits that looked just like bunnies I've had in the past. The one next to the siamese looked like one I had called Sable, there was a black one that looked like Thumper, and (dear to my heart) there was a large white one that looked just like Wupperooni (my dear old French Meat rabbit who passed away earlier this year)
My point - I <3 bunnies! :

Here is my freaky-wierd husband holding a python...(this made me wonder why I'd married the man) please note its tail IN HIS POCKET!!:

A random deer who had escaped his paddock. We helped the staff get him back in:

Husband feeding the emus - this photo was taken approximately 1 second before he realised there was a massive ostich looking over his shoulder (LOL) Turns out, ostriches and emus HATE each other...there was a huge rooster fight between the main contenders approximately 3 seconds after this photo:

There were heaps of other animals there...4 ponies, 2 rams, a Damara ewe, 16 lambs (we helped bottle feed some),a calf, 2 goats, an alpaca and numerous rabbits, ducks, chooks and guinea pigs :) I loved it!!
The next stop was the sauce factory - we bought far more than we should have (weight is an issue as we're flying back to QLD) then decided to go to Melba's chocolate factory cos we wouldnt make it back in time for Haig's. (by this stage I'd wasted many hours of our day, including another lunch at Hahndorf!) Melba's is located in a tiny town nearby to Hahndorf called Woodside. Its situated in an old historic building which also houses a great cheese factory. It was built around 1911 and originally housed a co-op that was known around the world for its high quality produce. The co-op ceased to trade in 1977 and the buildings stood empty until 1990 when Melba's moved in and had to clean and repair the old place. They manufacture old fashioned chocolates and if you get there early enough you can watch them making the lollies :) Here is Husband outside one of the old original doors (again, not sure what its use was):

This photo is for my mum. She has great difficulty growing Daisy-A-Day, and here they grow like weeds out of the cracks in the side of the buildings:

We took the scenic route back to Adelaide through the Barossa Valley (famous for its wines). Check out this vineyard:

Another top day, but bitterly cold!
I'm glad you had such a lovely day Bec :) And, thank you for the heads up, since we enjoyed it too! I would have liked to hold the python, but we were not there at the same time as the handler, unfortunately :)
ReplyDeleteI liked that ostrich! He seemed so friendly and enthusiastic! I just wasn't sure if he was likely to peck, so I wasn't completely trusting..
xoxo
Hey Bec,
ReplyDeleteJust caught up on your posts - seems like you guys had an awesome holiday, so fun :)
Love the photo of micky and the python! What's with THAT?! lol! (you and I are way more sensible than Micky. Obviously).
xo Tammy