Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quality...

Now, HERE is quality!!

You can immediately disregard all the black ones in this photo...Im NOT talking about them. They are Brangus, and although they are top of the line, they are not 'quality'...as in, they are not Brahmans!

No, no... Im talking about the fabulously wonderful Brahman calf in the middle (the brownish-grey one) who's sire is US and who's mother is a Alpha line of Brahman...this is the sort of Brahman I aspire to breed, although without the price tag.

...this little fellow is already rated at $8000!!!! And he's only about 2 months old!

When he gets a little older, he will shed his baby coat and will end up looking a lot like Old Grey Bull (see a really old post of mine) he will be very dark grey (almost black) along his head and neck and will be very pale grey/white over the rest of his body...oh, how I covet this calf!!

1 comment:

  1. I just found this post and am glad that I didn't miss it.. Reading your blog is often educational for us townies - it's always good to read and learn something new! :)
    Wow. Do farmers carry insurance for their expensive stock? Even I can see that it is a very good looking calf, but I did not know that they were so expensive. I imagine that their worth increases as they gain size and age?
    Are they mostly bred for meat? Apart from the look, what makes them so valuable?
    Thank you for teaching us what you do Bec! It's fun to learn, and I've always felt that I would have loved to grow up on a farm. I know I would have loved it! I guess there are only a certain number of rural spots to place a newborn.. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete