Sunday, September 25, 2011

Holidays Day 1 (Thursday)... Part 1

I LOVE HOLIDAYS!!! :) This is only our second holiday in two and a half years, so we have a lot of things planned :)

Our first day (Thursday) after picking up our rental car and discovering we were WAY too early to check in to our hotel... We then went for a very scenic drive up to Hahndorf :D

Its very much like Monteville in Queensland - lots of cute little boutique-y shops and W-A-Y too many cafes and eateries! :)

Hahndorf is an old German town from the early settler days.

How awesome is this old wagon?!:



This is Husband outside the way cool leather shop :
(The dog and sheep are fake)


This is inside the leather shop. Towards the back I looked up and here was a REALLY old hot water system! You cant see it very clearly, but the stand it is on is about 10-11 feet off the ground!:


Husband under some BEAUTIFUL wisteria:


Husband on a very quaint little bridge outside a fantastic restaurant were he had eggs benedict and I had THE MOST DELICIOUS pancakes EVER (for lunch) :


Husband is w-a-y down the end of this really old brick fence. I dont think you can see it in the photos very well but the fence had a HUGE slump in the middle of it (slumping towards the right-hand side of the photo):


This building (and two others beside it in a horseshoe formation) are located directly behing the slumping fence. It was originally built in 1837 (will have to double check details with Husband when he gets home) and was used as a school house. It has had many uses since then, but currently houses an art gallery and the information centre:


Cool topiaries:


To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. We should have got the name of the place you had lunch. I would have loved Eggs Benedict and pancakes. (And anything else they had - I was Hungry!) The place we chose wasn't so great.. :(
    I love that you randomly found an old hot water system. I wonder how many other people would have even noticed it :) (I mean, I probably would have... :)
    I hope you had a fabulous holiday!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete