Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday - A BIG Day...

This morning started out so well! We both had an appointment with the chiropractor (and we are both in better spirits after seeing Damian) and then we went to the Electrical Wholesalers to pick up parts that we would need for today's jobs...everything went just fine right up until we got to our first job for the day! It was a small job but due to an unforseen problem (which resulted in me spending around 25-30 minutes....

HAHAHA! Molly just let out THE most awesomely loud burp!! LOL!...anyway...

...in the ceiling - its VERY hot up there, so I had a little trouble with heat stroke but not too bad - lucky its only Spring!) it took a little longer than expected...and then we went off to our second job for the day. The second job wasnt even booked for today, but got jumped up the list when the frantic owner called with an urgent problem. This job had an asbestos element, so the demolition fellow was there working when we got there.

At this point I would like to emphasise how much I've really, really missed working with Dad...I've had almost 2 months to myself - running the businesses, scheduling things 'my' way, running the jobs the way I like to...and then Dad gets back and I realise how much I've grown as an electrician! :) Im only *6 weeks away from coming out of my time (finishing my apprenticeship) and its a little scary, but mostly invigorating - that I could commit to, and complete a promise I made to myself a little over 4 years ago, that I could successfully become one of those incredibly rare 'Lady Electricians'! :) Feeling pretty proud of myself right now :)

Anyway...I really have missed Dad and Im glad we are back to running the show 'his' way LOL! What's even more awesome, is that I hadnt realised how 'in tune' we are with each other...today, at our first job, Dad grabbed the ladder for me, I grabbed the torch, he grabbed the tools (pliers and screwdriver), I grabbed the tape and a J-Box etc...and without talking about it, I climbed up the ladder and did the work in the ceiling, whilst he did the work on the ground :) Talk about co-ordination!!

Then, on the second job (again without talking about it) I grabbed the tools and he went and 'suited' up for the asbestos job :) Dad knows I have a severe adversion to asbestos, and although he mocks me alot about it, he didnt make me go into the room where it was being removed, much less ordered me to!

I love how 'in-sync' we can be, even when he's been away for nearly two months :)

Here are some awesome shots of Dad in his 'suit':



This one is really attractive!! LOL!! :) I love how his pants' leg is caught up on his sock on one leg :)




Anyway, after a false start on the 3rd job for day(they werent even home), we decided that Dad was still too jet-lagged to go to the fourth and after a quick stop at Coles (so I could do our shopping) and an even quicker stop at Sister Boaden's (to pick up 8 punnets of strawberries) we headed on home. THEN Dad decided that he might like the fire on tonight but he was out of firewood, so we went out and cut firewood for a few hours :)

It was a great day, just extremely tiring - the end of an incredibly LONG week!
Looking forward to Hiram coming home tomorrow :)

3 comments:

  1. Man! I haven't checked blog posts in a few days, and look how many I've missed! lol!

    Was great to see you yesterday. hope you had a safe drive back and a lovely evening with your dad :)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA Tammy...Dad shot at me with one of his presents for Father's Day - A suction-cap bullet gun!! Scared the heck out of me!!!!! :)

    Great to see you too :) It was quite late when we did get home so Im glad we didnt stay any later, but it was a very nice afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that 'in sinc' feeling that we can have sometimes, with some people :) I'm glad for you that your Dad is back, Bec - And, he made it in time for Father's Day, which sounds like pretty good planning :)
    It's very exciting that you are really going to be one of those incredibly rare 'Lady Electricians'! Well done to you!! Not long now.. :)
    I'm glad you weren't any later to get home, but thank you for making the effort to come by. It was lovely to see you both :)
    (Molly burps?! :)
    Have a great week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete