Sunday, September 25, 2011

Holidays Day 1 (Thursday)... Part 2

Ok - I have NO idea how these columns were made...they are made out of brick but are in a cool, twisty design - very eye catching! Also note: Husband's new hat from the leather shop:



This was just an interesting barn(?) we came across in the middle of Hahndorf:


Another old wagon:


This photo was mainly just to show I was in fact, actually on holidays too :) Check out the grape vine growing up the front of the veranda, and Im not sure if you can see it in the photo or not, but there were LOTS of pansies growing in the window boxes :) The Lavender Shop behind me yielded unexpected surprises:


GINORMOUS pot!!:


Another wisteria arch, note random guy sleeping on bench :)
It was a beautiful day to be there:


This is a side view of quite a famous german pub...Im not sure exactly what its famous for, except for really great pub meals LOL:


I cant wait to come back here again!! Hahndorf was a big hit in my books!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have seen those columns unpainted, and they are made with brick, but I can't remember how they were done. I do remember thinking that they were pretty cool, but that's not much help, is it? :s

    I love all of the stone houses in Adelaide! I would love to have a home made of stone - you'd really feel like you had a House!

    Many of the shop-fronts in Adelaide have grape vines trained along the veranda roof lines. They look so pretty in summer!

    Bec, I looked and looked, and I cannot see a man lying down in the wisteria arch picture. What am I missing?

    I'm glad you had a good time at Harndorf! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete