Sunday, September 25, 2011

Holidays Day 2 (Friday)...Part 1

Friday dawned bright and early and our first stop for the day was the Brickworks Markets :) I had an idea in my head that it would be akin to the Queen Victoria Markets in Melbourne (and it may have been in its heyday) but sadly, the markets were a real fizzer for me :(

It was interesting to see the old buildings though. This was a cool shot of the stack:



Here's Husband just below the stack:


I have absolutely no idea what these little doors were for, but I intend on asking Dad and I'll get back to you :) There were so many of them:


Next stop was 'supposed' to be the Haig's Chocolate Factory but we were too early for the tours. Instead we decided to go visit the Beerenberg sauce factory...but we had a slight detour... I needed to use a bathroom so we went up to Mount Lofty and saw some fabulous views! Sadly it was FREEZING!!! So we only stayed outside for a short while and I didnt take any photos of the view...but I did catch this flippin' HUGE roo eating:


...and scratching:


An old burnt out cottage:


Another view of same cottage. Check out the wildflowers at Husband's feet:


We also stopped at Mt Lofty Botanical Gardens but when we got out I literally walked 20 paces and turned around and got back in the car - it was THAT cold!

We had to go back through Hahndorf (so I got my wish of going back there again) to get to the sauce factory, but we missed the driveway (both of them) and as we drove another km to get to a turn around spot, we passed an Animal Nursery *happy sigh* ...Husband, knowing how I adore all things small and furry, suggested we stop there before going back to the sauce factory (I KNEW there was a reason why I married the man)

Blogger is being super stupid so Im going to have to split this post up too...see next post for small cute fluffy animals :)

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame the markets were no good :( I've never been to them myself, although I've always been interested in the look of the brickworks from the outside, (if I have the right place).
    That's a South Australian sized roo :) Much bigger than the ones I see here.
    I think you would have liked the gardens, (if you weren't being wimpy about the cold :) - or, if you'd taken a warmer jacket). Next time? :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete