Saturday, March 26, 2011

1st Saturday after Capstone...

What an awesome day I've had today!!!
We were going to go to the temple this morning, but opted for a sleep-in instead as we'd had quite a late night last night (date night/celebrating Capstone being over at La Porchiettas), but after being woken up early, we decided to head off to the cinema :) We watched 'I am number 4'...an awesome movie, by the way, that I very much enjoyed :) Then I dropped off Husband and headed over to Kindillan to see Rach, Mum and the girls... or at least I thought I was...

Mum directed me to go to German Church Road...of which there are at least three (I later found out...)
The first one was dirt that had 'Road Closed Ahead' signs on it. Growing up in rural Qld, you learn to just drive around those signs...apparently thats not the case in the city! I drove around three 'Road Closed Ahead' signs before I came to another sign that said 'Road Closed'...this one I also drove around...until I found myself in the middle of a HUGE roadwoeks pow-wow with some really BIG roadworks machinery!!...at this point I turned around and called mum for (better) directions :)

Once I FINALLY found the camp, I grabbed Mum (Rach had gone off for some nookie with Steve) and we went shopping at the HYPERDOME!!!! :) Mum even bought me a really pretty anklet :) Then, after 3 hours or so, we got the guilts up so we headed back to Kindillan where I was treated to a sausage sizzle, Rach throwing crusts at me, and a napkin...(but I bounced one off of her head so Im all good with that), and I was even treated to not one, but TWO glow sticks...which Rach helped me make into bracelets :)
Here they are:




At another angle:




Remember, this camp was for over 700 girls, so in your head multiply those glow sticks by, like, heaps!!!

Possibly THE best part of my day came when Mum, Rach n I were discussing what they'd done for me whilst Ive been aeay (minding Molly, feeding Pretty Chook and Stupid Chook) and apparently only watering select plants...Mum was quite upset once she realised she hasnt watered my inside plants for two whole weeks!! (they're not such a bargain when they DIE!)
In Mum's defense she stated that at least she'd remembered to feed Molly :) The look on her face was PRICELESS when Id asked if she'd fed the fish..........


I DONT HAVE ANY FISH!!!!! BAHAHAHA!!!! Crack-a me up!!!! :)


Anyway, after a very entertaining evening with them (including tickling Mum's ear with a piece of grass *snicker*) I have now returned to my lonely (but lovely) accommodation and I thought Id try a face/skin purifying treatment.
It was supposed to look like this:





Instead it looks like this:




...flattering, huh?! :) Oh well, at least husband wont see me like this :)

So basically now Im just chillin' out here by myself, rockin' out to Pink and giving myself scary skin treatments...gosh I hope husband gets home really soon to save me from myself... :)

8 comments:

  1. Michael here. Honey, if you don't want me to see something (such as you with your face mask on) you really shouldn't put a photo of it on the blog and then tell me to read your latest entry. Also that was really funny about the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were at the Hyperdome and so close to us!
    You sound very happy, free of Capstone at last and forever :) I'm glad you had fun.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bec,

    Sounds like you had a lovely day! yay! :)

    I liked 'I am number 4' as well, Jessima and I went to see it for your birthday. You should hear Abby's story about when she and James TRIED to go and see it though... total classic :)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, I didnt realise 'I am number 4' has been out since December...I really thought it was a recent release!
    We also watched 'Taken' (on video,at home) and I thought it was great!!Not our usual sort of movie, but it definately made me think, and Id like to watch it again soon :)
    All in all, Saturday was a really big day for me and I managed to cram a lot into it...but I didnt have enough time to make it to Trade Secret :( which was my treat to myself for doing so well at Capstone....did I mention I finished in the top 5 of my class? (ok, now Im sprawking!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed with the Top 5 thing... :) And I haven't seen Taken... maybe I'll have to check it out?

    (I think 'I am number four' only came out in February? I think that's when I saw it? Mind you, the days all mesh into each other at the moment... what month is this? what's my name? lol!

    xo Tammy

    PS. You could always go to Trade Secret next weekend.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, I love your new look. It really brings out your eyes :)
    (Probaby because your eyes are they only things visible...)

    Yay for a lovely, relaxing, chill-axing weekend! It would have been fun to hang out with your mum and rach.
    And I also highly approve of the fish comment :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dude,
    That was absolutely priceless!! Mum's awesome for a laugh heeheehee. What was that Mum called you again??? LOL

    And be grateful you weren't on the bus going home. With 50 girls singing 'EVERYWHERE WE GO-O, PEOPLE ALWAYS ASK US" at the top of their lungs for an hour and a half .. and not one kid could hold a tune!!! Oh to be able to listen to the sweet sounds of Slipknot again..(sigh) :)

    Thanks for hanging with us tho. You should've taken a photo of the glow bands hanging off your ears too, that was a good look for you LOL

    I've already said it in person but congrats on finishing the exam. I told you you'd do well. Cheers, little sister xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep telling everyone you were in the top five in your class, Bec :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete