Monday, March 21, 2011

Capstone...Day 6...

Well, today it started...the intense pressure, the headaches, the sweat...(ok, too much detail...)

We had our Wiring Rules exam first up...not too much worry (you'd think!) due to the fact that you cant study for a rule book exam. Having said that, I still tried to, but either you know the rule book (and know how to use it) or you dont. However, I did manage to find 2 answers due to the fact that I'd studied the book over the weekend that I wouldnt have otherwise been able to answer :) Basically though, I know I stuffed up on a couple of questions (tricky buggers!) but at this stage I still think I did ok. I only just managed to finish all the questions in the allocated time (with about 3 minutes to spare!) but one poor fellow (Anthony? Michael? Whatever, the buff dude with the tats) missed a page and a half because he ran out of time! Im thinking...'Re-sit!'

After morning smoko, we had a quick lesson on Testing (vital to Wednesday and Thursday of Capstone) so that was handy before we were finally let go for Big Lunch.

After that, we began to tackle our prac...here it is:



After 3 hours, this is what it looked like in reality:



The only thing I have left to do is run in my mains (active and neutral), add my active link, and do my jumpers along the bottom of all the CBs/RCDs...essentially this means Im about done (maybe another 30-45 minutes worth of work). This also puts me on par with the rest of the class...Im really glad, I was worried that I'd fall behind (being so much shorter than the others, and having less muscle mass) but all that hardly slowed me up at all! :)

I have to confess though, I did hurt myself a little in my attempt to keep up with the pack:



Same injury, just a different perspective! :) It wasnt too bad really - my friend Steven hurt himself so bad he bled all over his textbook (which I had to borrow to do my 2-way and interconnect switches) so I wasnt too impressed...sadly, I didnt get a photo of his injuries :(



All in all, Im a little concerned about my overall progress today (I thought I would do better in my exam, and I also thought I'd be further along on my prac) but it could have been much worse, so Im grateful for what I have accomplished :)

Tomorrow's exam, however, is an entirely different kettle of fish...

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I am living it all with you, Bec, which is a bit mean of you really, when you think about it :) I'm kidding - it's interesting to know what you are up to each day. We are all praying for you.
    I've looked at your diagram and prac. result carefully and have deduced that it's all Chinese to me. Actually, I do know a very little Chinese, so it's worse! But I feel very confident that you will be managing it all beautifully. I know you'll make it through.
    What I thought when I looked at the photos was, 'what lovely nails!' :)
    Six down and only four to go!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bec! Good work! Sounds h.e.c.t.i.c!
    I will say this - better you than me :D :D mwahahaha.
    Your prac-copy-the-diagram-thing looks cool! I think you made it look even better than the picture :)
    Feel bad for Big Man with Tats. Rotton luck :S
    And sad about your poor little finger :(
    Good luck for tomorrow! You will do f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s!!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete