Well, here we are at Day 4.
After much success and A LOT of back patting due to my gloriously efficient work ethic yesterday, I have been abruptly brought back to reality!
Today is essentially 'practice' for next week's exams. It took me 1 and 3/4 hours to do 7 questions this morning! (OK, I dont feel really bad about this as some of the other guys took much longer, but it took way too long to do that amount of questions). The fellow who sits next to me, Steven, worked out that it should take us approximately 15 minutes per question next week...AAAAHHHHH!!! THE PRESSURE!!!!! I say this because after Morning Smoko, we completed a total of ONE question before Big Lunch! This is entirely unacceptable and Husband should totally be understanding when I lock myself in our room this weekend and emerge untidy and unwashed on Monday morning with bits of food (crumbs) through my hair and clothing etc. because this WILL BE a HUGE study weekend, if Im hoping at all to do well in my exams next week!!
To add insult to an already grevious injury, during the first session we submitted ourselves (resentfully) for tutoring by the 3As. These guys are a full year behind us in studies, however they have the advantage as they have just completed NUE 403, which is the subject on Maximum Demand, CCC, Short Circuit Temperature Rise, Voltage Drop etc. This is also the subject that most of us Capstone guys self-taught a year ago as our teacher was one of the ones who was kicked off the program and was essentially absent for 90% of our class. This has put us at a HUGE disadvantage as Capstone is almost entirely made up of NUE 403!
Anyway, suffice it to say that Im back in the mindset from Monday morning...reconsidering self-harm or uber cuteness. Oh, and panicking, did I mention the panicking?! Thank goodness we've only got another 6 days of this torture!
Michael here. Hey honey. Breath deep. We'll make sure you get some good study time in this week. People are praying for you so do your best and leave the rest to Heavenly Father. :-)
ReplyDeleteUgh! Annoying that you had to self-teach yourself! Life is certainly not always fair. We are praying for you every day too Bec. Panicking, unfortunately, doesn't always work for the best, so I'm hoping a few deep breaths will help.. AND remind yourself that you are really good at all of this - and that you are going to ace it all in the end - especially after a week-end spent with crumby and unwashed hair and clothes :) If I was a betting man (woman, you know what I mean), I'd be betting on you to do very well, truly. You can come and Short Circuit Temperature Rise or CCC our house anytime :) Remember to have a fun moment now and then too!
ReplyDeletexo