Monday, March 14, 2011

CAPSTONE!!!!!

Those dreaded 2 weeks in March are finally upon us and I literally have been 'dreading' it!

For those of you who have clearly not been paying much attention, Capstone is the final 2 week long exam that is the culmination of the last 3.5 - 4 years of intensely H-A-R-D work in my apprenticeship...ok, not really that hard as Dad does all the really bad stuff if I put my foot down (i.e. 'you want me to do what??') But it is sufficiently hard and a daily challenge for me.

Now, back to the exam...

So far (remember its only Day 1), its not too bad. I was definately expecting worse! Like, along the veins of 'If I self-harm, can I just not do it?' and 'Maybe they'll just love me so much I'll just be able to scoot through on less than 100% cos Im soooo cute?'

Oh, news-flash people...I must get 100% on almost all of my exams...of which there are many and lots!

We are also studying an actual subject right now that has nothing at all to do with Capstone, but is mandatory to me completing my apprenticeship. W-H-Y they chose to lump it in with something as singularly important as Capstone, I have NO idea, but my plan is to scab off of that class as much as possible so that I can 'glean' extra study time for Capstone!

I am, however, extreemly pleased to have a worthy priesthood holder in my home who was able to give me a wonderful blessing last night (once he realised I was about to literally LOSE it!) and as a result I am feeling less like Im facing a firing squad and more like Im just walking up the steps to the hangmans noose instead :) This is a significant improvement to my state of mind! :)

On a lighter note, when I was returning from the shops (during morning smoko) and after I'd parked my car (in the bottom car park no less, so now I have to walk for ages to get to my class!) I was passing an enormous tree in which I spotted a rosella. Upon walking up to the heavily foliaged tree, I then proceeded to talk to the beautiful bird in a *cringe* annonyingly girly voice saying things like: "Well, arent you pretty! What are you doing here all by yourself? I think you're just lovely!" etc

At this point I turned around and realised that there was an old dude watching me (he clearly couldnt see the bird) and by the look on his face he was wondering what the heck I was doing talking to a tree in the middle of the park!!

Quite embarrasing!!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck not getting a single question wrong!! 100% in every exam is pretty intense, do you get a chance to do-over anything if you get one teensy thing wrong?! I think I heard you weren't feeling too well last night, hope you feel better, and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I'm really glad it's 'not too bad' so far!

    (I'd go for the 'soooo cute' dodge over the self-harm one... You would 'get out of it' but it still wouldn't get you through it! And... all sorts of other good reasons too! :)

    I'm really glad the blessing has helped, Bec. We will keep you in our prayers every day too.

    LOL! Are you really very sure that you haven't lost it after-all?? :D Rosellas are beautiful - I would talk to one/imagine one in the tree there too :) I would have loved to see your face when you turned around and saw the man there watching you! THAT would have been funny!

    Thinking about you...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, hahaha ... Can you spell DRAMA-QUEEN??? I'm glad you got your keys back too. Good luck, lovely sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael just told me about the two fellows who have been messing up the program - that they have been taken off it now, and that you really like their replacements - YAY!!! I'm very happy and relieved for you! :) Big sigh of relief :) I know it will still be a lot of hard work, but still.. better, I hope? :) You are in our prayers.
    xo

    ReplyDelete