Last Saturday we had the privilage to go to the Brisbane temple.
I say 'privilage' because to us it is exactly that. We do not take it for granted and often have to overcome HUGE obstacles to reach it (time, travel, flat tires, babysitting for Molly, etc.) so that when we do make it there, it is definately an achievement. We have a goal of going at least once a month, and we have also been told that if we covenant to go more often, we will be awarded that blessing.
Last Saturday we went with a specific question/topic that we really wanted guidance on. Impressions dont come easily or often for me, but both Michael and myself received distinct impressions as to the answers to our question.
As a double 'blessing'(?) I seem to have the gift of dreaming. (yeah, and you can save the wise-cracks about being a dreamer...LOL) I was allowed the additional insight into the answer for our question in the form of a dream. Im not sure if Heavenly Father just thought I was too thick to accept the answer we received in the temple, or if He was just confirming it...but regardless, I am so grateful to have that extra 'back-up'. It gave me definate warmth and comfort and I am so glad we have access to the power of prayer.
Man Bec - I haven't checked blogs in a few weeks, and I've missed heaps of posts! You're turning into a blog extrodinaire. Very awesome :)
ReplyDeleteI loved this post - sounds amazing. I don't get answers to specific particuarly easily either, so I'm always really grateful when they come.
Hope you guys are doing well!
xoxoxo Tammy
Wonderful comment to read, Bec, thank you :) It's always so special to get answers to prayers, and I love the way that it happens for us in different ways. I don't think I have ever received an answer in a dream, but I remember that it used to happen a lot up in PNG to the faithful members there. It's always so good to hear that life is going well for you :)
ReplyDeleteLots of love!
xoxo