Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Husband...

Husband constantly amazes me. In a good way ;)

Today we had a Girl Guide camp visit us. They learned all about gun safety, and even got to have quite a 'play' at the range...and by play, I mean PLAY!
Each girl was allocated a 'range officer' and were given an array of options with which to fire. They were also given 200 rounds, divided among the different calibres they wanted to try out.
The girls were separated into groups of 5 (I think there were 4 or 5 groups) and they had a go with .22 rifles first.



Husband is a great teacher when it comes to teaching Sunday School at church, but I didnt realise what a great teacher he is in general. He was so kind, but firm, with each girl he was teaching. He even had one girl who was 'difficult' and he handled her wonderfully - Im starting to think that his career choice may not have been the best option for him...but he is DEFINATELY finishing Uni this year! So its too late for a career change now!



Today he was especially attentive to me (still feeling quite unwell) and did a great job of dividing his time between me and the girls (he only came over to me during breaks, but he did that EVERY time without fail, and was really wonderful and caring).



Even though he wasnt feeling too flash himself, he still put in 100% with each girl.
So amazing, considering that it wasnt THAT long ago that he hadnt ever fired a firearm himself!

3 comments:

  1. That's a lovely compliment to Michael, Bec, and I know it is well-deserved. Michael is one of the most caring, thoughtful and patient people I know. It makes him a very good teacher. I'm sorry you are still not feeling completely well :( Does Michael have the same thing now?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bec!
    I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well :( I hope you feel heaps better heaps soon!!

    Micky is a fantastic teacher. He always has been. It's because he's so patient and understanding and kind :) Did he enjoy being able to share his knowledge with the girl guides?

    Can't wait for you guys to come to Sydney so we can hang out!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtesy of Jessima: "Read your post (can't comment on your blog for some reason anymore) and just wanted to say that Michael is awesome. What an awesome guy! He definitely is a very kind man :)"

    ReplyDelete