Monday, July 18, 2011

Husband helping me...

Mid-week last week, I injured my right wrist quite badly and so I've been pottering around, not really doing much and basically feeling quite useless. On Saturday we had big plans to finally get back out in the yard and mow/ whipper-snip, but the weather had other ideas! It poured down all day! This didnt bother us so much as we'd had an unbelievably early start the day before (dropping Mum and Dad off at the airport for their Africa holiday) so it made for a great day to sleep in!

After a fairly un-productive day, we really got stuck into some housework that night, and then I remembered I needed to dye my hair before church. I always do this myself, however, with my new handicap, I was completely unable. Fortunately, Husband offered to help me out and although this offer was accepted (dubiously) graciously, I think we were both a bit nervous about the outcome...

Here is Husband about half-way through the process:
(I apologise for his lack of clothing on his upper half - he leant over me at one stage and was surprisingly oblivious to the fact that the dye on my hair could transfer to his pajama top)




This was Husband's unusual attempt to remove excess dye that he'd accidentally put on my ears/ forehead:



Me, during the process:





The finished product! :





I am constantly surprised by how eager Husband is to help me around the house, particularly when Im sick or injured. He did a wonderful job with helping me to do my hair (although we left it on a lot longer than usual, so its much darker than I like) and after this 'practice run', just imagine how great my hair will look the next time he has to do it for me! :)





4 comments:

  1. He ruined your socks!? The finished product looked very good though. It doesn't look too dark to me in the photo; you look very pretty. I'm sorry that you hurt your wrist. Is it better now?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Micky was so useful! :) I love that you refer to him as Husband - very Gilmore Girls, and I love that you're so confident in how great he's going to be at it 'next time'. Your face halfway there looks a little anticipative but it looks very nice all done :) And the only casualties a sock and a PJ top! - it's okay, he can use them next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha - I wasnt even trying for a Gilmore Girls reference, but Im happy to go with it :)
    His jarmy top turned out just fine, after I made him put it in the wash that was already running, so no disasters there. The socks are actually really old socks that we recycle as cleaning rags, so thankfully no real damage done there either :)
    My wrist was (by that I mean 'was') on the mend but has taken an instand dislike to Sydney and is playing up again :( Unfortunately I didnt bring my wrist brace (had greese all over it after I removed the radiator out of the old landcruiser) so instead I've been (mostly) suffering in silence. Might have to go pick up something to strap it with tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could say.. '..after I removed the radiator out of the old landcruiser..' Even 'my Toyota' would do, in a pinch, although 'landcruiser' is definitely better.
    Maybe I'll be a car person when I grow up.. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete