The paddocks were awfully brown - not enough rain:

There were really nice mountains in the background, but I missed them :( so this is just another photo of just another paddock:

Quite a bit of cloud cover coming in:

This was a simply lovely Uniting Church we passed near Scone:
(How awesome is the Ivy that's growing all over it?!)

These are stacks - part of the Liddell Power Station at Muswellbrook:

This Power Station produces enough power in one year to run over 1 million family homes!
More photos of the stacks:

By the time we got to Gosford, Husband needed a little break, so we stopped and had a little shopping trip which was completely enjoyable (with free parking!) and then we got back on the road...
Eventually we found our motel, only to find out that it didnt have a fridge or a microwave!!
This was particularly distressing to me as during our trip to Canada, Mum and I stayed in one particular hotel with very similar circumstances for FIVE days. Basically it was not good!!
The advantage to this hotel is that there is a communal fridge (as long as we label things) and a communal microwave (kept behind the receptionist's desk), so we do have access to such things, but its not quite as nice as I would have liked. Also, the bathroom is somewhat similar to the ensuites we had the pleasure of experiencing on our cruise...it is small, cramped, impersonal and water goes EVERYWHERE when we shower, so we cant really have our clothes or towel in there...lucky its not communal too!! LOL!!
But, it is very affordable, and quite central to all the things we would like to see and do whilst we are in Sydney...and we're only here for 4 nights, so it could be much worse...we could actually LIVE like this...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you found the hotel ok for the four nights.. Nice to have your own not-communal shower at least. I enjoyed looking at your pictures, thank you! I love driving along, with new scenery and things to see around each bend.. Road trips are so enjoyable! That little church is very cute. And I love the clouds in the first couple of pictures.. (I suppose that clouds can be better appreciated when there are not too many of them though :) Did you stop for a tour of the power station, or so you just know these facts off the top of your head?
ReplyDeletexoxo