t's not quite 101 dalmatians, but it's shockingly close. A Dalmatian named Milly gave birth to a litter of 16 puppies in the U.K. two weeks ago.
According to Channel 4 News, Milly's owners, the Elvins, were told to expect 4 puppies. Perhaps they meant 4 x 4. According to Rebecca Elvins, "The vet pulled out eight and then said, 'Oh, we're going to the other side now.'"

A two week old Dalmatian litter of 16, begin to show their spots as they sleep in a circle. Their mother Milly was also born in a liter of 16 dalmatian puppies which is extremely rare. The puppies belong to the Elvins Family in Church Stretton, U.K.

The mother Dalmatian named Milly who herself was born in a huge and rare litter of 16 puppies has proved lightning can strike twice after she also gave birth to 16 beautiful spotted pups in Church Stretton, U.K.


Isnt this a beautiful story?! And Milly looks so much like Molly (our Molly) except Molly has more spots. Milly even has the black spot on her tail marking the place where 'Bent Tail' occurs LOL!
At times Im glad Molly has been spayed (not that she would be very likely to have 16!) because puppies are a LOT of work and I like her the way she is - I'd be worried for her health, and also that after she had puppies, she wouldn't act like a puppy herself anymore.
Then, at other times (like after I've seen these wonderful photos of these beautiful pups) I yearn for her to have that option, because she's so beautiful, and her pups would have been beautiful too.
Oh, they're gorgeous! Great photos and story, thanks Bec :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
So cute!
ReplyDeleteThink I'd freak out to suddenly have 16 new dogs to look after though! lol!
xo Tammy
As you may know I'm not the most dog-ish person (they terrify me), but these are totally gorgeous!!! I love multiple births and these guys are adorable - very 101 Dalmations :)
ReplyDelete