Friday, July 22, 2011

Travelling to Sydney Day 1...

After a rather late start - due to my appointment running overtime - we didnt leave Gympie until after 9 o'clock. Then, after a stop at the Hyperdome to run some last minute errands for the businesses, we were finally on our way!
Can I just say at this point, that I greatly dislike travelling through NSW (I have done it many, many times) and so I think through my boredom I may have ticked Husband off just a little ;) Personally, I think he was quite glad when I started entertaining myself by playing on my phone/ on the computer, and stopped throwing my grape stalks at him (I know, I know...dont distract the driver...) LOL!
The countryside is Soooo flat and brown and boring!!!

Here's a photo of some (rare) colour:



And some Cow-Chow:



Somehow (and I repeat: SOMEHOW!) Husband managed to completely miss the (huge) Warwick Truck Stop, where we were going to have lunch and a walk around - and (obviously) a washroom stop. Did I mention that he missed it?! I had to use the washroom from when we were stuck at roadworks back up on Cunningham's Gap, and almost had to ask the stop/slow woman if I could use her port-a-loo...SO glad I had the strength of self-preservation to restrain myself! :) Anyway, Husband said that we would just stop at the Warwick Truck Stop (which he proceeded to miss!) so in total, I went more than 60kms PAST when I really needed to use the washroom!!!! He was definately testing my will-power. I can say with total confidence that I would NOT have made it even ONE MORE KM!!!! I was definately getting twitchy by the time we pulled up to a washroom in a tiny little town!
It was absolutely FREEZING!!! But we'd decided that we couldnt wait any longer for lunch either, and Husband sacrificed himself out in the cold to make our lunch, so that I could stay nice and warm in the car :) I just love 'im. (OK, I know Im fickle as I definately wanted to throttle him only moments before due to my painfully over-ful bladder, but he redeemed himself). Here he is freezing:



Note the 'interesting' bathroom in the background:



This was the beautiful sunset we were able to enjoy:



We ended up stopping in Tamworth for the night at around 7:30. It was a late stop, but SO worth it, as the facilities were VERY nice!! :)
I love being on holidays!!! (with Husband, of course...IF he remembers that I need to stop more often than we did today...) LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Michael here! Okay...Bec didn't actually tell me about the truck stop until we were half way through Warick and she thought it was still in front of us and only decided it was back before town after we were about 15Km past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised - I always think that NSW is so pretty to drive through, but I imagine that I have not done the trip as often as you have! I feel your pain about the missed pit stop! I generally tell Neil, "I'm going to need a pit stop in the next hour/half hour or so," so we start looking out from then. It's a nice picture of Michael, out in the cold to get you some lunch - he's very thoughtful, isn't he? He always has been :) I'm really glad that you two can have this trip together. Like a nice long date! :)
    xoxo
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete