Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter with FAMILY...

What a wonderful weekend we have had!

Thursday night I moved down to Mum and Dad's, as Michael and I had hunters in our cottage from Thursday til Sunday.

Michael finally got home around lunchtime on Friday and we set about doing a few odd jobs around the farm (all the things I really wanted to do on the weekend really revolved around being at our home...) but on the plus side, Nathaniel turned up and volunteered to mow our lawn (again!!) with his ride-on. This was wonderful!! And as a trade-off, I started to mow Mum and Dad's (it didnt take long for Nathaniel to finish mine and take over at the old's!) He brought all the kiddies up, so we had a fabulous time playing with them :)

All in all, we had 12 people there the whole weekend, with another 5 intermittently! Suffice it to say, we were cooking around the clock! And I think the shower really welcomed Monday morning when most people went home! :)

Saturday was much the same...lots of over-indulging in great food, very little actual work being done, lots of pats for the puppy... LOL
Oh, we had a water fight with the kids to fill in some time :) and Michael and I finished off the day by making our Easter Bunny nests :)

Sunday, Gary and Katie (Gary is my second cousin, a copper in NSW, and was staying in our home with his girlfriend Katie) woke up early to say goodbye to us when we left for church, which I thought was really nice of them. They did this because they would have left long before we got home from church that afternoon.

(By the way, Easter Bunny DID find us...but we werent able to examine our hoard until we got home from church - no spare time for us on Sunday mornings!)

We didnt stay all day at church (I had a touch of the flu) so I was really relieved once we got home, that almost everybody had gone for a nap...so I didnt have to be sociable and could finally go to my own home for a nap :)

Michael and I quickly grabbed our pillows, multitude of bags, Easter Bunny nests, bread, and Molly's bed and threw them all into our car and made the trek back up the hill to our house :)

AHHHH! Home! Such a great feeling!!

An even better feeling was that Katie and Gary had stripped the sheets and put them (and all the towels/bathmats/tea towels etc) straight into the washing machine! What incredibly thoughtful guests!! They can come back and stay ANYTIME!! :)

After an hour or so of unpacking (while Michael made us lunch) and we were finally settled in again :) *happy sigh* "Home!"

That night we read lots of scriptures about the life and resurrection of Christ and we had a really lovely night bonding :)

Monday dawned incredibly bright and early!! Every year we make the trek to Nambour where Mum marches in the Anzac Day parade (with her 2nd Nambour Brownie Guides), and I carry all the jumpers/handbags/snacks, and Michael runs alongside and takes all the photos :) Monday also dawned sopping wet!! I was kind of glad when the service was over so that we could get out of the downpour! It was a great service though, as always.

On Tuesday, we decided that we would brave it, and take the older three kids to the movies...but, due to miscommunication and a flat battery (thanks for making us late, Nathaniel!) we missed the earlier session to see HOP. Instead, we just filled in a little bit of time and then went to see RIO. What a great movie! Blu really reminds me of Michael - in a good way of course! :)

Basically we had a mostly flat out weekend, but on the plus side, we were able to spend heaps of time with our family, and it was great to have a water fight with all the kiddies!heh heh *evil laugh*

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend Bec! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous weekend :) And I'm glad you're home again... it's lovely to have guests or to go away, but it's always wonderful to be back in your own bed again!

    xo Tammy

    PS Mum and Dad are taking Jenna to see Rio this morning, they're going to keep an eye out for Blu... :)

    ReplyDelete