What a busy weekend for us!
Husband has been home for the last 11 days (which has been really nice) and although we havent gotten as many things done around the house/yard in that time, it was just so very nice to have him here with us :) We miss him heaps during the week!
Husband had quite a bit of dental work done last Wednesday, so spent the next few days moping around the house...to the extent that I even had to COOK!! (ok, during the writing of this, he told me that heating up a few cans of soup did not consist of 'cooking' as they are pre-cooked! Who asked you, I say! And anyway, you have to add stuff to tomato soup, so that makes it cooking to me!) Anyway...suffice it to say that (surprise, surprise) no work was done on the chook pen while he was home this time, but he assures me he will at least work on it some when he's home for his next set of holidays :)
On Saturday, he went out and whipper-snipped some of the wilderness for me, and I was lucky enough to have a surprise visit from my friend Charlie (and her husband Adam) so really, it was lucky I was dressed before they turned up! :) (we havent quite gotten around to installing the new curtain rods, so there's no curtains in the whole house!!!) Then, Husband, Charlie and Adam all went up to the range, and I pottered around the house, cleaning and playing with the puppy, and after nap time, we both went out and cleaned up the chook pen in the hopes that Pretty Chook and Stupid Chook would start laying more. For dinner, he prepared a wonderful concoction of roast chicken pieces with lots of lovely vegies and we spent the evening just 'laxin' and watching Gilmore Girls :)
Sunday we were up bright and early (once again) to get ready for church. We had a really great topic for Relief Society...it was a carry-over lesson from the week before on our feelings of inadequacies...I think I'll write some more on this topic at another time, but it really got me thinking, and I really enjoyed the lesson! Sunday afternoon, we were almost home and about to drive through the Deer Farm creek crossing, when I spotted a turtle sunning himself on the bank! :) I took a few photos, but the darn computer is going really slow tonight, so its not loading...maybe I'll try to load it another time...
Sunday afternoon consisted of another nap, and lots of playing with the puppy! Husband cooked a wonderful spaghetti bolognaise which we ate whilst watching a church DVD...we went to bed quite early (for us)
Monday morning: SLEEP IN!!!! And wake up to blueberry pancakes in bed!!!
I just love-a my husband-a!!!! *happy sigh* and to make it even better, I had purchased some blueberry syrup a few weeks ago in the unlikely event that Husband would cook me pancakes in the near future, and it made them taste SOOOO nice! :)
After a lazy wake up, we went out into the yard. He was going to do some more whipper-snippering, but instead (at my request) he actually did the mowing, whilst I raked up some excess mulch (left over from when Nathaniel did our lawn last). We didnt even come close to getting the whole yard finished, but the part that we did looks wonderful!! :) At about 10:30am, we came inside : 1. Because it was getting too darned hot to stay outside in the sun, and 2. Because we were taking the Elders out for lunch, and had to have showers etc.
...then Dad rang :( We werent even going to answer it...but there's something about a ringing telephone that when you dont have Caller ID (we dont) its such a mystery and you just have. to. pick. up! Dad had managed to trap some cattle in the yards, and as Nathaniel is away, he needed us to give him a hand to brand and tag them (kinda like catch-n-release!)
So we processed the cattle (and a few horses that had accidentally gotten trapped as well) and scurried up to our house for a really fast shower and change (cos you never want to show up with the elders stinking of cow poo! - just a heads up!)
Then we drove into town (and nearly had a head-on with one of the neighbours who just wasnt watching where he was going - but we're Okay) and took the Elders to lunch at Pizza Hut - all you can eat!! Sadly, I didnt wear my expandable-waistband pants, but I still managed to tuck away a tidy amount :) And, during our time there, the TV announced that the US had possession of Osama Bin Laden's body! It is a good day in history! I wonder if this is like when the olds talk about where they were/ what they were doing when man first landed on the moon. I will probably always remember the awesome wierd bacon-topped pizza I was tucking into when I first heard the news. Like when the twin towers episode happened...I was on a rare day off from work (I usually had the 5 o'clock starts, so that meant getting up at 4, or even 3:30, depending on where I stayed the night before) and I was really enjoying my sleep-in, when some of my house-mates barged into my room saying that someone had bombed the United States. Unbelievable! I stayed glued (bleary-eyed) to the TV set for hours after that! Anyway, one of the missionaries that we fed today was American, so there was a fair bit of celebrating at our table today :)
Today ended with us getting home, napping, and playing with the bent-tail dog (again) I personally think she's a little spoiled (as evidenced in her last visit to the vet - and the scales!) but she's so lovely, you just have to spoil her! :)
What a busy weekend - I think Im going to need a day off to recover from my long weekend! 'Oh, Dad...' LOL
I'm glad Michael is a good cook for you :) How big was the turtle? Does Molly have a bent tail?! - was it from an accident? Thank you for the newsy post :) I hope you have a good week. (Always nice to have one that is only 4 work days!)
ReplyDeletexo
Another lovely weekend, huh? You're starting to make me jealous :) The pancakes sound especially good too... lol!
ReplyDeletexo Tammy