Thursday, April 21, 2011

There is beauty all around...

Today, one of the jobs we had to look at was the 'Puppy Palace'.
Dave was surrounded by dogs when we turned up! They were all Border Collies, but all different colours! There were black ones, black and white ones, brown and white ones, even a grey and white one. Turns out, Dave is a breeder, and due to all the rain, his Puppy Palace extension was not yet complete (other contractors couldnt do the work due to the rain). He said he couldnt wait for the new extension to be completed as he currently has THREE litters on the ground!!! One set are in the laundry, one set are in the bedroom and one set are... Ok, I didnt get where the third set were cos I was laughing too hard! LOL! Anyway, while we were doing the paperwork for his job, a beautiful dragonfly rested on our aerial...so pretty!
(Note: you can see part of the new Puppy Palace in the background)



A few days ago, as I was walking back up to our house, I noticed how incredibly beautiful it is all around us. We are so blessed to have such a high annual rainfall anyway, but this year has been exceptional! So green!
(Note: Pretty Chook and Sard have escaped our yard)



Also, during my walk I was so fortunate as to see some ducks on our dam :)
I think they are beautiful, just swimming around :)



The best part is that these 5 are the babies from last year. We are so lucky as to have hatched 3 females, and 2 males. They are wood ducks, and actually have their nests quite high up in the gum trees in a hollow...bizarre, eh?!

2 comments:

  1. How lovely! to have the ducks on your dam be the ones you knew last year as babies! It does all look beautiful Bec! When I look at pictures like these I always think of the wonderful fresh smell I imagine would be there too. I love the title of your post - there really is beauty all around :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bec! I often feel God's love the most when I'm surrounded by Nature's beauty. And right there is aNOTHER reason to love the rain - it makes everything so GREEN :)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete