Saturday, April 23, 2011

Husband at the Range...

A few weeks ago, Husband finally made it up to the shooting range. For his birthday, Mum and Dad had shouted him a box of pigeons (clay targets) and a couple of boxes of ammo. I had also donated the use of my shotgun.

Well, to put it bluntly, Husband had a ball! :)
Turns out, Mum and Dad had actually given him several boxes of ammo (about 120 rounds) and Husband didnt stop until he'd shot the whole lot of them off!

Once he finally got home that afternoon (I was pretending to have a nap, but in reality I was just too bored to nap) he kind of mentioned that he was a little sore...with a HUGE grin on his face! Me, not giving him any sympathy (cos I'd been SO bored without him) just said "Go take a shower before you come for a nap"...not very sympathetic I know, but I'd just washed the sheets and he was a little over-heated...
Anyway, when he came back, he was all like: "Honey, check this out!!" And this is what we found:



His shoulder and bicep were REALLY red! And this was only an hour or so after he'd finishing his shooting session!
We then took another photo about 24 hours later:



Awesome bruising, eh?! LOL! And...this bruise hung around for at least another week! Ha Ha! I guess having fun hurts a little sometimes :)
But secretly, I think he's hoping Mum and Dad will do this for him every year!!

3 comments:

  1. Lol! That sounds AWESOME :) I bet he had a BALL :)

    And the bruising only makes him look even more hardcore.... mind you, I'm pretty sure Rocky and Bruce Willis never end up with bruising like that... hahah!

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.. which did he enjoy more: the shooting or the bruises-to-boast-of? :) This is the like the present that keeps on giving! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps How did he go with hitting the clay targets?
    xo

    ReplyDelete