Sunday, July 1, 2012

What a wonderful day...

So. Today my best friend came to visit.

OK, so she was actually visiting her sister, who lives in my Ward, but she sat with me!! :D

I had the BEST day today! Here's one of the reasons why:

Earlier in the week (I think it was Tuesday) Dad and I were working down the coast, and when we were about to drive *near* Woombye, I asked him if we could stop in and see Andrea for a sec. He was very gracious and said yes, even though we were on a time limit and had to drive all the way up to Gootchie (half-way between Gympie and Maryborough) for a job before we could knock off (and it was already late afternoon).

We even had the trailer on, which makes Andrea's driveway supremely difficult to navigate, so that made him even more generous!

He kindly dropped me off at the top of her driveway, while I nicked across the road to go to the florist - I strongly felt that I should get her some flowers. I passed the IGA, and thought 'I'll get her a little plant instead.' ...and to be honest, Im not sure if I felt prompted NOT to get her a plant, or if it was my prior knowledge that she does not do well with keeping plants in a live state! :D LOL! Anyway, I bypassed the IGA, went to the florist, and found THE MOST delightful pack(?) of flowers. They really embodied Andrea's sunny disposition. I quickly bought them and scurried back across the road to her house and was so pleased to discover that she was home! (I hadnt checked before we dropped in)

She came to the door very hesitant - turns out she was in the middle of a workout and was quite (icky) sweaty! :) LOL! I gave her a hug anyway! :D She knows what its like to spend hours in a ceiling, so I figured she wouldnt have any problem hugging me :)

She was so grateful for the flowers, and the short visit. She said I was 'the best friend ever' and that I 'always knew when she really needed cheering up'.

It humbled me.

I did it because I'd been thinking of her for days and days, and had been too busy/lazy/tired/sore to pick up the phone (mostly lazy I think) and had felt the Spirit so strongly to go and see her. I am grateful for promptings. Im even more grateful for strong promptings, as sometimes I ignore the more gentle ones. (Im a little thick sometimes, I know).

Anyway, her and Ryan were unable to come to the Temple with us this weekend as they were heading up to Gymp-Town for Lyndal's birthday - which meant they would be there (at our Ward) for Sunday!!! *Hurray*!!! :)

This made me SO happy!

Andrea was responsible for organising my Birthday Party a few years ago, where I met Michael for the first time *grins*

Anyway, Andrea and Ryan sat with their family for Sacrament, and then as soon as it was over, they came over and sat with me, while Michael taught his lesson. Andrea had only just sat down when she presented me with a surprise pressie of my own! :)

She had thoughtfully wrapped a mug with cellophane (with that curly, tinsel-ly stuff on top) and the cup was filled with the Boost chocolates :D She had written a very witty comment on the gift card which stated:
":) Thanks for BOOSTING my spirits :)"

And on the back it said:
" <3 Andrea :)"

Awww.... :)


What a sweet soul.



After assuring her that I didnt bring her flowers so she'd give me a pressie, she - in turn, assured me that Im always doing nice things for her and she really appreciates the efforts I go to, especially considering how busy I am.

I dont think she knows that you go the extra length for those you love... :)

Anyway, when she was bearing her testimony in Relief Society later on, I discovered that she's been having a really hard time of it lately, and although she's starting to get back on her feet, its a tough road to travel. This made me SO SAD, as I had no idea :( Now Im EXTRA glad I brought her those flowers when I did, because she really needed them :)

Although I wasnt able to really catch up with her after the meetings (as I had training for my calling), she was sweet enough to come into the office and say a proper good-bye before she left (isnt she sweet?!)

Anyway...I adore my friend and I think she's the bestest!! I had a wonderful time with her today, even though most of it was simply spent in companionable silence, while we learned from our teachers. :) Im so lucky to have her wonderful influence in my life :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for promptings and wonderful friends :)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bec, what a beautiful post! And how wonderful that you were kind enough to give a friend just what she needed! I'm very sorry that your friend has been having a difficult time. I'm glad she has you in her life.

    You have a calling!?! Congratulations! :) I've been trying to call you, to catch up, but obviously always at the wrong times.. :S I've been thinking about your little family and hope that all is very well with you all. You sound good :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a lovely message I discovered on Facebook today (I hope Andrea doesnt mind me sharing it) :)...

    Awww Bec!!! I just read your blog!!! Thank you for your such sweet and sincere comments:) I feel a little emotional actually:) It's really hard for me to believe that anyone can think and feel that way about me:) I am truly touched by all the sweet and kind gestures you've made for me over the years! You think of me even when you guys are enjoying your holidays together:) I can't believe you go to so much effort for just silly old little me:) And your dad too! You are such a special friend to me, and you have such a beautiful spirit:) You give so much!!! Thank you Bec:) You always make me feel great! Even though we're just sitting together and saying nothing:) I hope one day I can be as kind and as giving as you, you are a such a great example to me:)...

    ... I hope you've been able to relax this afternoon:) Thank you so much again Bec:) Love you guys heaps and heaps!
    Love always
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete