Babies:
Yesterday, my best-est friend (since Primary School) had her first baby :)
She's been trying for numerous years (about 10, I think) so it was wonderful to find out at the start of the year that her, and her Husband Steve, were expecting their first :)
After a 25 hour labour *OUCH*, little Maddison Louise was welcomed into the world at 2:13am weighing in at a hefty 8lb 9 oz! YAY for little girls!! :)
I was so excited to hear that Maddison had finally arrived (I found out in the Chiropractor's Office!) and got quite teary (in a good way) as I know that this little baby has truly been yearned for, for some time.
*I will upload a photo tomorrow, I think as the internet is painfully slow tonight*
__________________________________________________________________
Baby Teeth:
On to other news:
Pepper lost a baby tooth last night (a molar) and Michael actually FOUND IT!! :)
*it is quite rare to find a dog's tooth* :)
She has been losing them for over a month now, and I wonder how many more have yet to evacuate before she has a full set of 'permanent' chompers :) My hopes are high that she will eventually be one of those 'smiley' dogs, like Molly...but if its going to happen, it will start happening between now and at 8 months old...the small window of opportunity is rapidly closing...
She has been full of beans all day today, possibly as a result of being locked in her 'home' for over 12 hours yesterday (Michael and I both had to work the same hours yesterday) or maybe it was due to the wind here, but whatever it was, she has proved insufferable today. She wanted to go out, but when I let her out, she would go pick fights with Patrick and Emily (really, she started it!), so I would call her back inside. She would literally get inside and turn around, and want to go out again. So, after a stern talking to about picking fights, I sent her out again.
...within seconds, she was a handspan away from Hiram, totally eyeballing him! To be fair, he was doing it back to her too! So I called her back in - and so it went ALL. DAY!
After a couple of hours, I had to duck down to Mum's house, and puppy came too. We get there, and the first thing she does, is jump up on Mum's legs! *OUCH!!* Mum's still recovering from surgery, so the last thing she needed was Pep jumping directly onto her wounds! Pepper then sprung off of Mum (using her legs as a spring-board) and jumped all over Pa (and his uber dont-touch-my-armchair-if-you-damage-it-I'll-scalp-you leather chair) ...no complaints from Pa on this one though! LOL! ...And then she jumped on one of Mum and Dad's customers!! *gasp!*
Luckily, this fellow has been here many times, and met Pepper within days of us first bringing her home :) *phew!* He was astounded that she was the same puppy! To be honest, she grows so rapidly, if I didnt see her everyday, I would think the same thing! :)
She then 'bounced' around Mum n Dad's house to the extent that EVERY floor mat (even the Zebra skin!!) was messed up or turned over! And the Zebra skin is really heavy and doesnt easily get messed up or moved!! :)
After their customer left (to escape Pepper, Im sure), Dad went down to the gun room and after about 5 seconds, Pepper decided that she had to go 'Find Pa' and tore off down the hall after him. *sigh*
Eventually Dad went off to cut firewood, and I played with Pepper while Mum and I watched the TV together. We discovered (OK, I say 'discovered', but clearly someone else has already blazed the trail here) a totally 'new' sport! Championship Arm-Wrestling!! It was fascinating - ok, the parts I could watch due to Pepper's constant attacking!! LOL! :) Now Im wondering if its an Olympic Sport??
After 30 minutes or so of this, I gave up, and took Pepper home...but luckily we ran into Sarah *internal cheering* and after checking with Nesha, Sarah came home with us for a few hours. Code for: YAY!!!!!! I get to have a rest while Pepper is distracted by harrassing poor Sarah!!! :D
I (stupidly) used the shovel on Thursday to dig up some thistles (yes, with my sore foot - thus the 'stupid' part), so my foot has been really sore. I was grateful for Sarah's presence this afternoon, so that I could have the opportunity to put my foot up for a bit, and get the swelling down again :)
I was so sad at 4:30pm, when Sarah had to go home :( It was a great play-date! *grins*
Thankfully, she has totally exhausted herself, and is now fast asleep at my feet as Im writing this! *happy sigh*
__________________________________________________________________
Infertility:
I had a significant part of my post devoted to this, however, at this time I choose to keep my thoughts private, until such time as I feel comfortable making our situation public.
Suffice it to say, I had written quite a rant on this topic, including my thoughts on how others view our situation (without being informed) as well as my thoughts on how those who are informed choose to be so insensitive towards us.
Regardless, my thoughts are my own, and they will not be published on here at this time.
I am happy for your friends with their new baby :)
ReplyDeleteOk, once again I find myself wearing the dunce hat.. I had not known that dogs lose their first teeth until reading about Pepper. I seriously do learn so many new things on your Blog, Bec! You are a wealth of information :)
What you have written about Pepper has made me smile a lot! She really is quite a character, isn't she? It's so funny to imagine her picking fights with the other animals - and that she is as happy to go up against Patrick and Emily as against Hiram! I'd have loved to see that! :)
I'm really sorry that you have felt hurt by anyone being insensitive. You also have those who pray for you everyday. I hope things get better.
xoxo
Lol go Micky finding one of Pepper's teeth!!! :) And I hope she's a 'smiley' dog, even though I don't know what that means!! lol.
ReplyDeleteWhen we were trying to have a baby for those couple of years before Maggie finally graced us with her presence it was really hard not to take offence sometimes at the things people would say and ask, and at all the 'when are you guys finally going to start having babies?!' questions! - even when they obviously had no idea what we were going through. It's hard that so many people just assume if you haven't got children, you don't want them! But hopefully it all works out for you guys soon, and it'll all be perfect when it happens xo
Love you Bec.
ReplyDeletexo Tammy