Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Updates...

WOW!
I havent blogged in AGES! So, SO many things to write about...where do I start...

Pepper!! :)

She is now 4 months old, and at her last weigh in (two weeks ago) she's now at 10.4kgs!!! *no wonder my back hurts when I pick her up to cuddle her now!*
Two weeks before that, when she was VERY ill, she weighed 7.4kgs, and her next weigh in is 9am tomorrow morning :) I wonder how much she's put on now! :)

Emily and Patrick:
Patrick looks the same as always, but Emily has lost a significant amount of condition during the winter...so much so, that we are now feeding them again (much to Michael's disgust!) However, after weighing up the Pros and Cons, we decided that we'd much rather spend a bit more on them and ensure they survived the winter, than not!

Countless Chookies:

Pretty Chook, Stupid Chook and Hiram are the same as always...with the notable exception that the girls have finished their mault *finally* and we are now back in EGGS again!!! *grins*
Langshan is well (still hanging out with the calves more than the other chooks) and is friendly as ever.
New Chooks: Dad had to dong one of them (*sniff* as she was even tamer and friendlier than Langshan) as her bottom beak was not lining up with her top one - this meant that she was slowly starving to death :( *sniff* ...and then there were three...
New Chickens: Devastated! Just Devastated!! Just yesterday, I was singing (the breed) Langshan's praises, and I come home to find one of my chickens dead in the cage...so sad :( I was arguing with a lady who said that Langshan's are stupid, and that in her opinion, they get depressed (not sick) and go off into a corner and break their own necks (seriously - this is what she thought) ...serves me right for scoffing though...I come home and one of mine has 'jumped off the perch' :( ...and then there were two... (it would be just my luck that the two survivers will be roosters!)

State Of Origin!! :
GO DA BLUES!!!!!!!!!!
...is all I have to say about that ...OH!and: Take that, Sulky Husband!!!! LOL! :D

And in the Blues' corner:


And here's one of the losers:

*couldnt get a photo of Husband as his eyes were too red from all the crying!*

My new dress:

Please excuse my eyes/hair - we'd just gotten home from a L-O-N-G day at church, and I was desperately in need of a nap!

*Insert pic tomorrow when the internet is co-operating!*

This is the dress I won at 20% off! I ADORE it!!! :) Its fully custom made (even the fabric) and made me feel SO pretty! :) I think Husband can count on me having many more of these in my wardrobe in the years to come! LOL! :)

Pepper's Odd Sleeping Habits:

There's no denying our baby is too cute! But here are a few photos of how she sleeps (and yes, she IS fast asleep in every one of them!)

*Insert photos tomorrow when the internet is co-operating!*




My New Shoes:

Although I havent 'officially' turned to the dark side, my dearest Husband just bought me (not one) but TWO pairs of Joanne Mercer booties that I LOVE!!

*girly squeal*

Im definately still a fan of Tony Bianco...but I might just pop over to the Jo Mercer website and see what else might like to come and live with me... :D *happy sigh*

I have been coveting these booties for at least the last year and a half! But they were far too expensive, and after extensive searching on my beloved eBay, I finally gave in and sent an email to Joanne Mercer asking if they will EVER go on sale...the answer was a resounding 'NO' as they were the single most popular shoe at Joanne Mercer! *tear*

But, last week I recieved an email saying that selected shoes styles were going on sale for up to 70% off!!! (WOOHOO) So, my darling Husband gave them a call and asked if Lavani (my booties) were one of the styles on sale...they were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Husband bought me a pair in Black Suede(obvious choice as it goes with everything!) :)
AND a pair of Caramel Suede!! *happy sigh* Here I was thinking they'd be a (yucky) brown colour, but they're not! :) They're more of a flesh/nude colour, so will go perfectly with all of my other outfits where the Black Suede wont do!
YAY me for being married to such a wonderful, fabulous, adorable Husband!!
Thank you Honey!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Awhh!! Look how sad Pepper is to be in the Blue Corner(!!) ... (Ok, you won one.. ONE.. :)

    I do like the colour of the caramel boots. Nicer than the colour sounds, yes!

    Can't comment on the dress, sorry :) Except to say that I am happy that you are happy :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't realized that the first part of your post was not a separate post.. (because I am quick like that :)

    So sorry to hear that one of the chooks had to be donged! (I know they do have to be donged occasionally, but that was a sad reason.) Am glad and relieved that Pepper is all well again now! Cannot give any educated opinion about the emotional turmoils of Langshans... (Have you tried playing them some happy music? - Only half kidding here.. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete