Thursday, June 21, 2012

Painful lessons...

So...yesterday we were at the Duck Ponds (minus the puppy) having a celebrations of sorts, for Nathaniel blitzing his court case *Hurray*

...and I may or may not have accidentally dumped Briden (Nathaniel's second youngest) off the ride he was on, on to his face in the pine bark...

*Disclaimer: they should NOT leave me alone to play with their kids! Im just sayin'*

I would like to point out that as a little boy, he was fine! No tears or anything! He just pointed to the scrape on his arm (obviously that one hurt more than the one on his face...), we brushed him off, and he got back on the same ride! Gotta love little boys!! :)

After everyone else had left, and Michael and I were in the gazebo, waving the boys off as they drove off, Michael offered to give me a piggy-back. I thought: How romantic!

He hasnt done that kind of fun, spontaneous thing since when we were dating...(turns out there's a reason for that!)

So I hop on his back and he's pretending to be a galloping horse (for the benefit of the little boys, of course!) when I said: OK Honey, Stop now.

About 4 or 5 times! (He claims I said it in my head!)

Eventually, he went through a narrow pass so I stuck my foot out in the hopes that he would then STOP!

...well, he did. I (accidentally) threw him off balance, he then tripped over a HUGE sharp rock (about the size of an armchair...seriously!) and unceremoniously dumped me on the concrete!!

OUCH!

So now I have a huge piece of bark off my right elbow, scraped my palm, injured my ego, etc! (Lucky for him I didnt hit my head too!!)

So this is why mature adults dont act like idiots...it hurts too much!

Michael then went to Subway and begged a bandaid off of them - it was bright pink and made me feel much better :D

Today:
After Dad and I had finished up-grading a switchboard (at a new personal best, too!) we were backing out of the customer's extremely narrow gate, into an adjoining paddock...

...and it was possible that I was giving him a little bit of cheek - telling him what a good story this would make to tell Mum, if he pranged the truck (family joke)...

...when he swore and slammed on the brakes (a little too late, as it turns out) before we slammed into the customer's property pole. :( You know those huge power poles that carry electricity? *sigh* Yep, one of those, but it was slightly shorter and in the customer's paddock!

As my head was still out the window checking for clearance for the narrow gateway, I've definately given myself whip-lash, and upon trying to get in to see Damian (our chiropractor) and discovering that he's fully booked until Tuesday, I've settled for an appointment Tuesday morning...but I really need to see him now!

Since then, the pain has travelled from my neck, to between my shoulder blades and is currently residing in my lower back (and neck!) *sigh* Probably this is a sign that I shouldnt give Dad cheek about pranging the truck...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, and Pepper had THREE needles at the Vet's.
    She now weighs a whopping 12.2kgs!! At some point that baby is going to have to use her own legs, cos my back's getting sore! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. You guys are in the wars! Hope you're feeling better soon :(

    xo Tammy

    PS. I have to admit that Micky not stopping made me laugh just a tiny bit though. He's never been real great at stopping halfway THROUGH an action once he's started it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this post was riveting! What else was going to happen next!!? I laughed out loud at the Pink! band-aid - of Course it made you feel better! :) I've been "oh, no!" -ing and catching my breath all the way through! I'm sorry your Dad banged up his truck :( And that Michael banged you up :(
    ps Really like your background here, Bec! I love the green and the leaves :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete