Although we had Monday off together, we spent it in Brissie, helping Michael's parents get ready to move out of the house they've lived in for 19-ish years. My Dad was the lucky baby-sitter that day, and did remarkably well for his first time EVER babysitting Pepper! :) (he also had Sarah, so I think that helped just a tiny bit)
We were VERY late home thanks to peak hour traffic, but Dad didnt mind and I suspect he and Pepper had a very nice time together :)
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were all EPIC days!! Dad and I were working (one at least one day) 14 hours, and the other two were similar! Michael also worked this week - at his NEW JOB!! *Im so proud!* and he's twice done a double shift. Which, although this helps hugely with the bills/savings etc, it also puts a lot of pressure on us to find someone who is free to mind the bubba. :( Typically, when it would suit me best to work a part-week, so I can mind her, we have LOADS of work on!
On Wednesday (and let me add that Michael had plenty of pre-warning) I had a FULL day booked so was unable to mind her...Mum had appointments and Brownies...and Rach and Nesh had kickboxing...
All of this meant that Pep had her first day EVER by herself!
It was only for a couple of hours (4 or 5) and Michael had to prepare a 'safe' place for her - where she was safe from other animals, and safe from injury that she might do to herself. He built her THE most beautiful home! I forgot to take photos of it, but when she next needs to stay at home alone, we will simply re-construct it :)
He also 'altered' Molly's (incredibly expensive) Orvis jumper. Pepper doesnt currently have a jumper of her own - as they are quite pricey (though not as much as Orvis!) and she's growing so quickly! that she'd soon be out of any jumper that we did buy for her... Anyway, so he altered Molly's jumper... :) Pepper looks SO cute in it!! Its like she's playing dress-ups! LOL! I took a photo last night because she really did look adorable! :)

So basically, Im really proud of Husband right now :) He's successfully made a lovely, cosy home for the baby, and made sure that she would be safe in it; he's much happier - because he's providing very well for his family (although he is really tired); and he's super-handsome and I get to call him mine :)
Good on Micky for all if the above :) He's a very good husband :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this post Bec, thank you! :) Pepper does look like she is playing dress-ups! She is very cute :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the help you and Michael gave us in moving :) I am glad that you two are doing so well :)
xoxo