Monday, December 19, 2011

Mowing...

What a big day...I took today off (Dad had visitors anyway so it kind of suited us both) specifically to mow our yard...I have NO idea why my dear Husband didnt stop me from fertilizing a few weeks ago!!! It is quite literally out of control!! I took a day off last week too, and managed to mow approximately 1/2 of it, but a day later it had already stood up another inch and a half!!

So anyway, I took today off to mow, whilst Husband whipper-snipped (cos that's a boy job) but Mum called me early and asked if I would mind doing a small amount of mowing at her house first....

....this resulted in the front wheel of my precious mower falling off!!!!

Apparently the cir-clip had broken and I dont have any spares, so I cant mow until after I go to town tomorrow to pick one up (guaranteed Im going to get a handfull, just in case). I was appropriately Devo, until Husband (somewhat nicely) told me to suck it up, so then I went and...

...did the washing up, did a sufficient amount of sulking, hung lots of tinsel on our gates and all the hedge plants and Jacaranda trees, raked the yard, found some mesh, created tree guards from the mesh, pulled approximately 200 burr bushes, fed the babies (twice), had lunch prepared by Nathaniel, had an AWESOME nap, then raked the yard again (otherwise Husband leaves his whipper-snippered grass clippings everywhere and it looks messy). My day was full, even without the mowing...although I really would have preferred to be mowing...

So, suffice it to say, I am VERY MUCH looking forward to getting that cir-clip tomorrow!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, how annoying about the cir-clip! (Whatever on earth that is...)

    Sounds like you had a heck of a lot to do though so good work :)

    Good luck with your mowing!!

    ReplyDelete