Saturday, December 24, 2011

Dad and I at work...

Last month (yeah, I've been slack on posting, I know) Dad and I did a job at the repeater station, in the comms building.

This is the Comms Building:



One of the many towers surrounding the Building:



The AWSOME view:



Again with the view, this time looking out over Gympie/Tin Can Bay area:



HA HA! For this job we were unaware until we rocked up that we needed PPE. As it would take longer (and cost the customer more) for us to travel home to collect our own PPE, we had to drive back into Gympie (over an hour round trip) to purchase additional PPE. Here are my new boots:



HEH HEH! :D This is Dad's shoes where he swapped them for his safety boots:



This is the Earthing cable for one of the Comms Towers...the cable is over 120mm!! (Which is REALLY huge!!):



BAHAHAHA!! I'd forgotten about this one! :D This is Dad in his PPE, posing:



OH! I wanted to show off my socks! They're made from bamboo and although they're super thick (for use in safety boots) they are self cooled, so no sweaty feet! :) I was able to get mine in a pretty cranberry colour:



It was an awesome day, with very pretty views, and we were lucky enough to be able to work in the air conditioning :D

No comments:

Post a Comment