Thursday, November 10, 2011

A day at the Temple...



We are so lucky to live so close to the temple! :) Although we live several hours from the nearest Temple, we commit to going at least once a month...however, I would like to increase that to once a fortnight. Im grateful for the opportunity to serve in the Temple, and would love to go more frequently :)

Today Mum has (another) surgery on her foot and, as Dad's away on a hunting trip (in Australia this time...), I was fortunate enough to get to drive Mum to the city for her operation. Aaaaaand...cos Husband's on a 'study' week, he was able to come with me! YAY! So after a quick stop to dump Mum out at the hospital, Husband and I went to the early session together :) THEN, because Mum still wasnt out of surgery yet, I was able to attend the VERY NEXT session!! Awesome!! Sadly, Husband had to go to Uni by then, but I was able to stay :) What a great opportunity!! :)

I think I was particularly blessed because today we were going to the Temple not just for ourselves this time, but also on behalf of a dear family friend who had a disappointing diagnosis this week, so hopefully he also experiences double blessings this week! :)

I was also able to catch up with a dear friend at the Temple, whom I havent seen in AGES, so again...Im so happy we were able to go today :)

I love going to the Temple, and I especially like spending a few moments at the end of a session looking into the room where my husband and I were sealed for time and all eternity...they are precious moments of reflection and I am grateful not only for being worthy to enter the Temple, but Im also grateful for my husband...for him loving me so much, he wanted to be married to me in the Temple *happy sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Bec. I always do that after a session too - spend a moment or two looking into the sealing room. It's wonderful that you go to the temple as often as you can. I'm glad you had a good morning.
    I hope your Mum's foot is ok?
    I'm glad that you and Michael have each other :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete