Today I had a pretty busy day :)
We had a 'free' day so Dad and I went up to the range to do a LOT of prep work for the ADA meeting this weekend. We fixed targets, put up new targets, checked distances for existing targets...then spent AGES whipper-snippering, cutting down trees (to open up the range a little more), spread urea and super (Urea is used to give grass a deeper green colour and to give the grass broader leaves, and Super is used to increase root development) to help the grass grow back on the range after extensive renovations a few months ago, we checked the dog traps (for dingos), then we came home and Dad helped me put up a clothes line in our yard (because I couldnt reach the top of the star pickets - they're 8 feet tall!), and Dad cut down a few more trees for me (*Husband*) to build a garden bed with. After lunch we continued to cut posts for a garage for Husband and I, as well as for an extension for the big shed, we worked on Rach's car (again), we pumped up water for the ADA water tank (used for the bathroom facilities), and we made up a molasses lick for the cattle...we also mustered a couple of cattle and re-branded one of my cows...*phew*
A big day! :)
The most wonderful part of it though, was that Husband was home and he made me a lovely lunch for when I got in, and when I came home this afternoon I found that he had whipper-snipped the boarders of our yard and had already started dinner (as well as having cleaned all of the windows in our home)...he too, worked very hard today, and I am grateful :)
Also, I found some lovely ground orchids and dug them up and brought them home...fingers crossed they survive the move :) Oh, and I also seasol'ed ALL of my plants, flowers and trees, and I put out the orchid Dad carved off of a tree for me from a few days ago :)
Now Im really tired! :)
I can imagine that you would have been tired! A good day's work though - Well done! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your new orchids do well :)
xoxo
Wow! Sounds like a FULL on day! Sheeshers you must be tired :P
ReplyDeleteYay for getting all that stuff done though!!
xo
Sounds like you deserve a nice long break :)
ReplyDeleteOr at least to sit with your feet up for five minutes :)
xo Tammy