Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hunting and Outdoor Expo...

This was our stall at the Hunting and Outdoor Expo today:



What a busy day!! We are both exhausted! Although we didnt make alot of money today (mainly due to Mum and Dad still being in Africa - so we couldnt take any firearms with us) we definately benefited from going. We made many important contacts as well as recieved many inquiries which will be followed up in the coming weeks :)

Our stall was a little boring (again, no firearms) however we managed to 'pretty' it up by hanging some really unique goat skins on the walls, a chittal skin over the table, and (of course) some lovely plants from Bunnings! :) Im really happy with how the stall turned out :)

Husband did a fabulous job of talking up the Gun Shop and the Shooting Range :) He is SUCH a people-person (not me, Im TOTALLY anti-social!) and he didnt even get niggly as it approached nap-time and there was no end in sight to the crowds :)

In total, over 1000 adults (paying visitors) came through the doors, with several hundred kiddies (for free), so we can at this early stage, count this Expo a success! :)

Going to bed now, cos my little eye-balls are hanging out... :(

3 comments:

  1. Wow sounds big but cool! Your stall looks really funky. Shame about the whole no gun thing but the dead animal skins gave it a bit of flair.
    Congratulations on your success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day! Although I have to say that it's a good thing that you didn't have any guns there and that I wasn't there, because I'm the most 'easy-to-talk-into-buying-things-even-when-I-have-no-money-and-don't-need-the-thing' person around.

    If you'd had guns and if I'd been there... well, who knows WHAT would have happened! :)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it went well, Bec! Sounds like a success, and the animal skins are beautiful - and the plants a nice touch. (You know, I think you do great talking to people too... You may not love it, but I think you can do it well when you want to.) I hope you sleep really well tonight :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete