Friday, November 30, 2012

Bug-a-lugs Weeks 9 to 18...



Week 9 - Cherry!
We went to the Toowoomba Flower Festival this weekend *bliss* :) I was unable to go out for dinner (we'd agreed to go to Sizzlers) so instead (because I was seriously yearning for Cheesy Toast) Michael called the store and asked if we could get takeaway Cheesy Toast - he explained that I was 9 weeks pregnant and as we are usually several hours away from a Sizzlers he was trying his hardest to fill my latest request (I love-a him!) The lovely ladies at Toowoomba Sizzlers directed him to drive to the back door of the restaurant in 10 minutes time...AND they gave it to him for ZERO dollars!! What lovely ladies!! :) We had a fabulous time at the Flower Festival and took MANY beautiful photos. The morning sickness put a bit of a dampner on our time there...as did the constant tiredness, but we had a fabulous time away :) Upon our return though, we had a little scare, so went to the Obstetrician (how do you spell that word anyway??) for a check. Everything was fine, and apparently quite common! Michael got yet another photograph (he's so proud!) and this one REALLY looks like an alien!! Ok, I have NO idea why this photo decided to rotate itself...


Week 10 - Kumquat!!
Husband started telling the people that he works with. Up until now, he'd only told one supervisor and a handful of his mates...now Im positive that they ALL know! I love this week! I love telling people that you're the size of a Kumquat!! It's like almost a swear word, but not!!

Week 11 - Fig!
This week Husband (who is still telling the people he calls for the RFB) managed to start a conversation with a young lady who had recently had a baby of her own, after many years of infertility troubles etc. After a significantly long conversation, they both discovered that her and I went to school together!! He immediately made her promise NOT to tell anyone as we havent reached that crucial week, Week 12. Within minutes, she had called my Mum (Michael had given her the ok to do that) to congratulate them/us, and my sister (who she worked with for a couple of years in Gladstone) and sent me a L-O-N-G private message on Facebook! LOL :) She's a great friend and offered heaps of advice :)

Week 12 - Lime!
This week, on the Saturday, we went to the Big Smoke and had lunch with Husband's Mum, Dad and sister, Tammy. At Sizzlers!! Cheesy Toast *YUM*!! Poor Husband was trying so hard to break the 'big news' and everyone kept talking over him, until I asked (politely) for everyone to please pay attention to him, as he wanted to say something. They were all super excited for us, which was very nice :) On Monday we had our 'Family Photo' and I posted it on Facebook and on our blog. We had something like 46 comments on our photo on Facebook, and numberous comments on our blog :) Its so nice that everyone is so happy for us, and most of us are aware of the struggles we've had up until this point :)
 
However, if one more person tells me 'they knew it', or 'well, THAT explains everything'...so help me...
 


Week 13 - Tangerine!
Discovered an interesting fact in the shower this week - I no longer 'bend' in the middle anymore!! This occupied my complete attention for far longer than Im willing to admit! :D

Week 14 - Nectarine!
On Day 1 of this week, I went out to lunch with Rach while we waited for the work truck to be finished at the mechanics. When we finished our lunch, we stopped off at the bathrooms. As I was washing my hands, I asked Rach if my 'bump' was off to one side. She wasnt sure so we went outside into the sunlight to double-check. Yep, she confirmed that my 'bump' was not in the center...very wierd and disturbing!! Husband also took me to a fabulous maternity store that his sister, Abby, had recommended. We bought two shirts and a pack of Preggie Pops. I'd seen the Preggie Pops in an email from the States, but figured that by the time they got here I wouldnt be sick anymore...what a supreme error in judgement! We also had another Gun Show to attend...I wasnt much use, I was really just the runner for food and drinks! LOL!

Week 15 - Apple!
Today was the FIRST day in the last 15 weeks that I have not been sick! *YAY* And today was also the first day that I havent HAD to eat before 6:30am, however, the heartburn is certainly taking its toll :( ...ok, turns out *presumed* end of morning sickness came to an unbelievably abrupt halt today! I was violently ill. All. Flippin'. Day! *Ick!* (had less than two days of peace!) I have made great use of the Preggie Pops - they are FANTASTIC!! Super expensive, but totally worth it in my opinion!!
We had another scan this week as I had a funeral to attend on the day I was supposed to have the scan. So instead of having it last week, we had it this week :)


Week 16 - Avocado!

Mum and I went maternity clothes shopping this week = F-U-N!!! :) We went to the Hyperdome, Chermside and several other stores, so now I have clothes that fit...except for pants...I really need more pants. I felt Bugalugs move this week - Mum said it should feel like 'butterflies'...I think it feels like I need to go to the bathroom because my stomach is upset! Not terribly pleasant!

Week 17 - Onion!
Clover came to live with us this week. She went down with *several* paralysis ticks, and as she was unable to stand to feed, her Mum abandoned her :( Im happy because it means I have a new calf!! (YAY!) And therefore I'll need to get her a companion...or two...so bring on the calf sales!!! :)
I am still very ill, but am managing well, I think. However, whenever the morning sickness departs I suffer from heartburn...and if its not heartburn, its headaches *sigh*...

Week 18 - Bell Pepper!

On the last day of this week, Michael felt Bugalugs kick! He would have felt it on the second last day, but he took too long to come over and feel my belly LOL :) He was SO excited!! :)

I actually have more photos to add, but am too tired *again* tonight, so will do it some other time...

3 comments:

  1. It's fun to come on the journey with you Bec! :) A bell pepper is a good size :) Take care!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys :)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO exciting! I love that you're keep a little weekly diary entry. Such a great idea! So glad you had two sick-free days. So sad it came back again though :(
    I've never heard of Preggie Pops before. What are they?
    Can't WAIT to meet baby. Hurry up April (month), and get here already!
    xo

    ReplyDelete