Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bug-a-lugs Weeks 1 to 8...

This post is purely for our personal records. It may contain content that is Too Much Information for some people. My advice: dont read it if you are easily offended :)

Week 1:
Nothing much to report here. Aside from the deep and imminent need to rip Husband's head from his shoulders...apparently that's completely normal for Femara. Cant see how that is particularly helpful towards starting a family, but who knows?

Week 2:
Flat out busy with work and an up-coming gun show. Feeling on a down again. Dont really know why Kirsten started us out with Femara on my left side. Femara for only 3 cycles before we can move to IVF, but why bother starting on the left? (completely blocked tube). This cycle is the right tube so should be more hopeful. Very tired though. On the day before ovulation, my Bestest-friend-in-the-whole-wide-world (Andrea) and I went for an ultra-invasive ultrasound (by the best sonographer for this kind of thing, in the whole of QLD) to check for any additional problems. I love Andrea - she's so sweet and was uber happy to come with me when it turned out that Michael couldnt accompany me. She keeps my head very level. Im super-negative about the whole thing, and she's super-positive that 'this will be the one!' LOL :) Denise (the sonographer) measured a whopping 25mm follicle on my right ovary and also proclaimed that 'this will be the one!' :D Im already looking to the next cycle :( She also discovered that I have a heart-shaped uterus. Very unusual, but it wouldnt be affecting our infertility. She even let me listen to the follicle's heartbeat ...ok, it was actually MY heartbeat, but how cool that she could scan for that!! :) Here are two photos of my awesomely-plump follicle:

Week 3 - Poppy Seed!
Had a wonderful trip to the temple with Husband this week. We participated in our first Sealing Session since we were married. There was a pregnant woman in the session with us and for the first time I dont feel bitter. Seems like Im making progress! (YAY me!) Unfortunately we finished off our date with lunch (and cheesecake) at Garden City. The cheesecake was a HUGE mistake!!! I've had the worst food poisoning ever, and may never eat cheesecake again!

Week 4 - Mustard Seed!
Still unbelievably sick! Dad is losing patience!! May cheesecake die a slow and painful death!! Thankfully we've been slow at work, so I've had more time at home to (basically) live in the bathroom...we were, however, very busy on Friday (at the TAFE job) and I have a story to tell about THAT day, that will have to wait for another post. Suffice it to say, it was the day we (Pepper and I) discovered that our family is expanding! Mass planning of how to tell Husband ocupied much of my weekend!!

Week 5 - Sesame Seed!
I've got the flu this week *sigh*, and I cant take anything for it :( I'm living on Panadol and that's it! :( I. Am. Miserable! Husband actually took the Panadol away from me...turns out I may have been slightly overdosing myself...a little bit...

Week 6 - Pea!
I STILL have a flu! Stupid Panadol! AND Husband caught it too...but of course it mutated into the dreaded Man Flu by the time he got it! Mum told Michael that I should stop taking that 'herbal stuff' as clearly its not helping me to kick the flu this time around! (Im usually all for natural alternatives).

Week 7 - Blueberry!
We told Mum and Dad this week as I dont think I can hide the morning sickness from Dad for too long...and then, of course, there's the whole dont-want-to-be-exposed-to-possible-electrocution thing. We showed them the 7 week 3 day scan...Michael even put it in a photo frame for Mum :) She's really excited!! Reacted much better than I was anticipating (I was thinking she'd guilt trip me for leaving Dad in the lurch at work etc) but she was great. When Michael gave her the photoframe, she stared and stared at it and poor Dad was trying to see, and Mum wouldnt hand it over until she was done...next time we'll definately give DAD the photo first! :) Dad was happy...but not over the moon. I think he thought I'd work with him forever. It makes me sad too, because I'd kind of thought the same thing...
Here's our scan: (the bigger pea sized object of the two is its tummy, and the smaller is its head - apparently it had its head turned away from the scanner) Also, Husband was so happy, he got really teary when we heard the hearbeat *Awww...*

 

Week 8 - Raspberry!
Michael started telling everyone he called at work about Bugalugs. He currently works as a fundraiser for the Rural Fire Brigade, and even when people wont/cant donate, he is still raising much needed awareness. I warned him NOT to tell people yet, but he cant help himself, he is SO proud!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this Bec, thank you! :) I love that you have a heart-shaped uterus! I think everyone should have one :) If Bugalugs only knew all the excitement he/she is creating...

    I hope you have a great week :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome to keep a weekly diary entry thing. Baby Bugalugs can read all about it one day :)
    I too am SUPER excited!! Woohoo.
    Can't believe you're not finding out what it is though! The suspense is going to kill me! Is it not going to kill you!? Lol.
    I'll just be extra excited then when he/she is born! :) :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete