Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pepper's Predicament...

Hi everyone! Pepper here! :D I've got a bit of a predicament, and maybe if I talk it out, a solution may come to me. Here goes...

This week has been FULL of exciting times for me! I've spent quite a lot of time with my bestest buddy, Sarah - both at Mum and Dad's house and at Aunty Rachie's :) We have such a fun time together! We keep everyone on their toes as to where we've disappeared to (only for very short periods of time now, as we dont want to get into as much trouble as LAST time - Mum was REALLY mad at me for that!) or what we've chewed up, or which cow we're picking fights with...usually its Emily because I dont think she likes me very much...so I try even harder to get a rise out of her! LOL!

There was a slight incident this week when I was casually eating some pig pellets that had fallen out of Emily's feed bin and onto the ground...when out of NO-WHERE Emily tried to mush me into the dirt! I mean, WHERE did that come from?? I wasnt causing any harm! Promise!

Also, that little chicken of Mum's is always looking at me cross-wise. But whenever I try to make friends with it, Mum tells me off :( Awww.

Dad was in a bit of trouble this week. He called home quite late on Thursday night (after he'd finally finished at work) and told Mum that he'd crashed the car! Boy, was she cranky at that! But after a little while, she told me that she was just glad that he wasnt hurt...and that they were lucky they were...um...'insured', I think she said(?) Im not sure what that means, but it gave her a lot of relief once she'd remembered that! :)

I was really worried about Mum on Friday. When she got home very late on Saturday night, she told me about how she nearly stepped on another Red-Belly Black snake at the cemetary - this is the second one in only a month! GOSH! She gave me quite a fright there!

Oh! I just remembered. I also had a ball playing with cousins Bing and Malcom! I was so lucky, I got to have THREE visits with them this week! That Malcom plays a little rough for me, so I just put my tail between my legs and scrunch down really low to the ground, and hope that he doesnt see me! :) Bing, on the other hand, gets really cranky with me when I try to be friends with her. She growls a lot, but I think Im wearing her down - eventually she'll love me...just like EVERYBODY else does!! :D *grins*

I also got into a bit of trouble tonight...after Sarah and I had had our dinner, Sarah curled up and went back to sleep ~ but I was bored with that, so I found a chew toy! (Im teething, you know!) Dad actually gave me a smack when he saw me chewing on my toy! How rude! ...Mum came in later and explained how if I chew on her razor (which I may...or may NOT have found in the bathroom) I may cut my tounge, and that will really hurt...I'll have to remember that for when she buys a new razor, as her old one was in itty-tiny bits!

Aunty Rachie bought me the cutest little jacket last weekend when she went on a mini holiday with Uncle Steve :) Its a bit small, so will probably only fit me for the next little while, but it says 'Im TOUGHER than I look' on the back ~ Oh! That makes me laugh!! :) It might be all I need to fool any visitors we get here! :)

Pa is due home today *singing* I am SO happy! He's been gone for so long! Everytime I visit Grandma's house, I bound down the hall to "Pa's Gun Room" (which is kind of smelly, what with all that gun oil!) and usually Pa greets me with 'Hey Buddy! How's it going?!'...but for ages and ages, there has just been silence, and his door is shut :( Grandma tries to make me happy by asking me to go visit the puppy that lives in the mirror in her room - and that's fun - but its MORE fun to visit with Pa! :) I just bet he's going to tell me lots and lots of fun stories about his visit to the 'North-ern-Terr-it-ory' :) If Im really lucky, he might have brought me back a big buffalo bone to chew one - that would definately be my version of puppy heaven!! :D

...that's right...back to my 'predicament'! Tonight, Mum was making custard for dessert, while Dad was rinsing their dinner plates and they were so kind to let me use the heater while they were busy in the kitchen. But the heater is in the loungeroom. This meant that either I could stay in the loungeroom (by myself), or I could sit outside the kitchen and watch them (because Dad wont let me in the kitchen...I get in BIG trouble if he catches me in there!!) I wanted to be warm, but I wanted company! Couldnt they see how upset I was by this 'predicament'??
In the end, I voted for the heater as its REALLY cold here tonight, but I WASNT happy!! :(

Here I am in the cute jumper Aunty Rach gave me:




Awww...the photo Mum took doesnt show the cool writing on the back of my jumper, but its there!

Oops! I can hear Mum coming, so I'd better get off the computer!

Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest! :D

3 comments:

  1. Lol - Pepper has quite the personality, and tells stories in some great detail from her cute perspective!! Glad to hear Micky was okay in the crash (even if the car wasn't :S) and stepping on those snakes hasn't resulted in any nasty bites! - Ugh!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Bec :)

    (And I'm really glad micky's okay, and you didn't get bitten by that snake... eek!)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Cute post Bec, I mean Pepper :) Full of bits of news and interesting thoughts and tit-bits! I'm so sorry to hear about the car :( I hope it works out ok. And the bit about doing the side-step with a red-belly sounds a bit worrying too.. ! Haha - I can just imagine the difficulty of trying to decide what to do re the company or the heater!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete