Every year we do it through Girl Guides (as its cheaper) and Dad and I HAVE to be up to date on our CPR as a requirement to hold our Electrical Licences.
I remember, back in the day, when we took Molly along (she was the star back then! Now the torch has passed to Pepper - although we didnt have her for this First Aid Course)That was the weekend after we first got her, so she was brand new to us :) *sigh* I miss her :( I cant find the photos from that day, they must be on Michael's phone, but here's a different one of her that I really love:
Anyway, the day after we did this course I was literally in the process of creating this post when we found out that Grandad Bull had passed away...*sigh* and so I wasnt really up to doing a funny post.
But I would really like to share it now :)
So, near the end of our *incredibly boring* course, we had to team up and have one member be the 'victim' and the other the 'first aider'. Unfortunately this occurred around 'nap' time, so Mum's victim (Dad) actually fell asleep!! It was THE funniest thing EVER!! :)
Obviously Michael and Dad made themselves into comfortable 'victims' on the only mat in the Guide Hut:

As Dad was feeling 'faint' Mum raised his legs, but that didnt prevent his eyelids from drooping! :) Everyone found it quite entertaining!!:

Michael had an 'injury' to his leg so he, at least, had a legitimate reason to have his legs up:

The best part was that Dad snored for the next 20 minutes of the course! LOL! He was really embarassed about it, but Michael caught it on video, so next time you see him, ask him to show it to you :D
I know this sounds strange, but I miss Molly too.. :(
ReplyDeleteFunny pictures! Did your Dad actually have a sore arm? I feel sorry for him that no-one woke him up, but then again, perhaps he was grateful for the nap! :)
(I'm glad Michael gets to do all of this - he's learned so many interesting (and useful) things since he has been with you, Bec :)
xoxo