Today I managed to read a book! *Gasp!* An actual book!
...well, actually it was an e-book, but its essentially the same thing.
My foot has been incredibly sore in the last few days, and Husband insisted that I rest today as I have to go back to work tomorrow, so I remembered that I have the Aldiko E-Book App on my phone and I was very pleased to discover that I had a couple of books in there that I havent read yet :)
On to the book of choice:
...I have to say - it sucked!
It entirely consumed me, so much so that it was a bother to stop to eat lunch, or do anything remotely productive...
...and then, 3/4 of the way through the book, the main character dies! Seriously, he DIES!
He was at the train station platform with his girlfriend, he'd proposed, she'd said it was too soon, he gets on the train (but leaves the ring with her so she can think about it), she sends him a text asking him to call her, he does and asks the 'magic' question again, she says yes...
...and 10 minutes later he's in a fatal train accident :( What the?
The remainder of the book is all about how she's not coping with his death and his funeral. In the epilogue, she says that while she eventually got married and had kids, she's only ever really loved him...etc, etc.
Sucky, Sucky book!
I greatly dislike stupid endings like that!
Probably made more sucky because it really had me in its grasp! It was a book come to life and I was feeling quite upset when he (the character) died.
The whole book made me think of how I'd cope if I lost Husband...suffice it to say (I wouldnt!) and Im really glad that we've decided that Im going to pass on first...I just wouldnt be able to function without my honey (that, and he's the one who cooks, so I'd probably starve anyway LOL). Even knowing that we are married for time and all eternity, that we were married in the Temple of the Lord, and that I'll see him again, I would truly pine away and die if he left first.
Oh Bec! This post made me laugh. I actually think it should be against the rules for books and movies to kill the main character unless there's a huge "Warning: Main Character will Die" at the beginning so I can at least prepare for it! :)
ReplyDeleteHope you're foot's better...
xo
Oh Bec, that's awful! What was the name of the book? Why do some authors write books like that!? It's like the movie 'Message in a Bottle'.. Not ok.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your foot is still sore :( What, oh what is being done to fix it? I hope it is feeling a bit better today.
xoxo
AMEN to that Tammy - those types of books/movies are not worth my time! :)
ReplyDeleteThe name of the book is Abbi - I've forgotten who the author was, but the cover's got a beautiful picture of a green tree on it. I havent seen Message in a Bottle, but if its similar, Im not going to! :)
Nothing being done to fix my foot at this stage except LOTS of rest (so boring!) if its not better by mid-year the specialist can do an operation, but its pretty major...
Haha, What A dumb dumb book! I hate those. By the way I'm writing from Robbie's iPhone which I find annoying to use and leave comments from. We don't have Internet at home hooked up yer. Anyway just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your blog but haven't been leaving commits because I'm quite incompetent at writing mags on this phone (mind you I'm quite impressed with my current efforts. It's only taken me 15 mins to write this so far :) and thank goodness did auto correct cos I'm hitting all the wrong buttons :P). Anyway, I too hope your foot is better soon and there's no need for icky surgery! :) xo
ReplyDeleteLOL! Practice makes perfect Bethy :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind thoughts...I, too, dont want surgery so Im forcing myself to take it easy (meanwhile my head is screaming at me that Im being lazy!)
Husband dropped your pram and pressie of at your mum n dad's yesterday - did you get them yet?
Hope you're doing great! :)