Monday, August 16, 2010

Smokey

Ok, to start off with, Smokey does NOT like being a country cat!!

If it was left up to her, she would continue to live on top of the fridge, only to get down for food, water, or the kitty litter (I HATE the fact that I am now a slave to a cat's bum!) all of which are conveniently located close by the bottom of the fridge. This cat wants for nothing (except maybe a little/ a lot of excercise!).

So, as a solution to her unwillingness to venture outside her new home (even though we leave the door nearest her wide open) last week I gathered her up and tossed her out the back door.
I left the door open, but she was unwilling to venture past Molly to get back in to the house (that's the door to Molly's room). I didnt realise we have such a mentally challenged cat...if she had have just walked around the side of the house, we had both big doors open and she could have easily come back in that way. Instead, she waited until Molly had fallen asleep and then snuck past her really quietly! :)

A few days later I did the same thing, but I was only home for lunch and so I closed all the doors when I left (to help stop the snakes/ peacocks/ chooks from coming in the house) and Smokey was left on the outside, for what I thought would be a few hours at most...

I LOST THE CAT!

I didnt see her until the following evening, when Michael found her and brought her back in! And he got scratched for his trouble!

After this encounter, I thought it would be best to leave her alone for a few days...it was raining anyway so I really didnt want to put her out in it.

Fast forward to Thursday...

Ok, I admit, I was a little frustrated by the cat's lack of interest in the outside world again, so out she went when I left for work, and...

I LOST THE CAT AGAIN!!!

This time she was gone for 2 nights and 3 days! She was mighty hungry by the time Michael brought her in though! I really dont like it when she disappears like that cos I worry that she might have been taken by a dingo, or a wedge-tail eagle etc or just got lost. And Mum guilt trips me when I do lose her so from now on, Im just not going to tell her! :)

5 comments:

  1. LOL - I thought that last line was going to be: 'And Mum guilt trips me when I do lose her so from now on, I'm just ..... going to let Smokey stay inside if she wants to'! Haha! Makes me wonder how often my children say a similar sort of thing about me! :P
    I hope you are all going great Bec :) What does Molly think of Smokey??

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly still wants to eat Smokey, and Smokey still wants to kill Molly... same 'ol, same 'ol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing. Maybe Smokey should wear a collar with a bell? Do you put collars on cats?! Hopefully you won't lose Smokey again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few more nights on the road, and Smokey might be tough enough to take Molly on!
    Oh dear, I suppose that's how feral cats get going.. Will Smokey always come home do you think?! What if she meets some cute, macho he-cat from the getto (bush) and decides to hang tough for a while! (Ok, now I'm imagining the Feral Cat Gang kidnapping poor, fatly-feline Smokey and indoctrinating her with nasty accusations like, 'you were living with a DOG!!...'
    Time for me to get back to work I think :)
    Have a nice day!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. she likes me better, she likes me better :) hahaha and she likes it when you brush her she wags her tail.

    - nesha
    p.s. i posses the awesomeness

    ReplyDelete