I also thought that Molly might become more ‘real’ to those who read this if we pointed out how big of a part she plays in every one of our days.
Let’s start in Molly’s Room (also known in other families as the Laundry Room)
This room also leads to our bathroom and to the backyard, so on average I travel through it 20 or more times each day. I don’t remember the time when I wasn’t tripping over toys/ blankets/ dalmation…
Yes, I realize we have carpet in our laundry…although we pull it up in summer, in winter we put it back down to help keep our little puppy warm! Directly under the carpet is concrete and although this is lovely and cool in summer, it makes the room absolutely FREEZING in winter!
Next, we insert an ugly nasty mat that my Nanny used to own. We are big on recycling in our household. The mat is too ugly to give to someone else, but I don’t want to throw it in the bin either, so thus it makes its way to Molly’s Room to form the second layer of defense against the cold!
In this photo we have a HUGE ugly cushion (also used to belong to Nanny) that I used to lay on to watch TV when I was little. As we have absolutely no use for it now…and it was just cluttering up the spare room (and I have a thing with recycling) this is now Molly’s bed.
Here we have an old comforter that Mum used to have on the bed in the cottage (before we moved in) and it forms a ‘bottom sheet’ for Molly. It gives extra padding to her mattress and is slightly warmer material too.
This is her BEAUTIFUL baby pink wool blanket…ok, even I realize that was a really stupid idea (cant stand up to constant washing in the washing machine…note to self: next time buy a more practical blankie for her!) This goes over the top of her once she has settled for the night.
I definitely love the last pic of Molly too. Looks like she is well looked after.
ReplyDeleteMy mum's dog Tic Tac sleeps on something similar in winter too. I think his is a duna folder over.
Good to see Molly has a loving home (I bet she is spoiled with heaps of plays too :) )
I really enjoyed that Bec, thank you! :) It is good to get to know Molly a bit more.
ReplyDeleteI actually didn't know that she would sleep under some covers.. I'm sorry if I seem stupid about that - it certainly makes sense that she would, of course, when it is so cold. I'm kind of impressed that she can keep the covers on herself throughout the night! The children always had trouble with it :)
Lately, a few times when I have been around, I have seen 'dog beds' - a covered, flat floor cushion, and I have wondered about buying one for Molly, (or - for you, for her), for Christmas - but it looks like you already have her well covered! (insert little giggle, if desired, as a nod to the pun :)
xo
Aw, what a lucky puppy! She's adorable.
ReplyDeleteI think my favourite line was the 'this is her second line of defense against the cold' :) Makes me think you're all winning the fight against winter - lol!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit I can't wait for Summer! Not really the 'getting hot' part, more the 'getting lighter earlier' part. I hate getting up in the dark (and let's face it, I'm terrible at it! lol!)
xo Tammy
she is sooooooooo cute!!! i love her.
ReplyDelete