
Last week as we were finishing up fixing a vat at Quesera Dairies, Dad and I were admiring the fat...FAT little ducks sleeping on the dam walls as we were exiting the property (fat duck = tasty duck!) When we were about 1km from the main road we saw a flock of birds heading towards the dams we had just left behind (these were clearly NOT fat ducks!) and as they approached we realised that they were, in fact, a flock of blue cranes!! This is a VERY rare thing - blue cranes are only ever seen singly - I have never seen them even in pairs, and this day we saw 15 of them!!! We surmised that it must be breeding season. Dad himself has only ever seen them singly as well - this is after more than 50 years in the bush/country, so I thinks this speaks for itself. Although we didnt get any pictures of them, this is what they look like. Also, they are very flighty creatures (pardon the pun) and to see them all land on a paddock very close to the driveway (and with the noise of the work truck and all) was also an incredibly unusual and wonderful thing to behold.
That sounds amazing Bec! very cool :) I wish I could have seen them :(
ReplyDeletexo Tammy
I agree with Tammy. Plus I think they look like the cranes from Japan!
ReplyDelete