Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Molly-Dog

I really miss my little doggy when Im away at college.

We have 'cuddle-time' every night just before Michael and I go to sleep - which usually involves Molly groaning as she's almost always already asleep by this time and Im squashing her and waking her up!:) But last night I went to bed without doing that and it made me sad.

Also, while Im away, I dont have to keep getting up through the night to cover her up (through the night she tosses off her blankets and as she has a really thin coat, she gets really cold and starts shivering) and usually I get up about 3 times a night for her. Although this allowed me to sleep through the night, it still made me a little sad cos it meant she wasnt there with me. I wonder if Michael is getting up to her instead...or just sleeping the night through??(give you one guess!!) We bought a special 'indoor' jacket for her last week, but it was slightly too big (like, by 10cms!) so Michael is going to take it back this week and exchange it...I hope he remembers!:)

Last night while I was talking to Michael on the phone, he was playing with Molly-Dog...I never realised how loud her bark is over the phone!! In the future, I will definately make sure she doesnt bark while anyone's on the phone :)

Also, when Im at home we sing together (ok, really its just me singing to her, but she wags her tail and grins at me in time to the rythum) and I just realised that I havent sung 'her' songs for at least 2 days...I wonder if Michael is singing them to her for me???

Anyway, I miss my doggy :(

6 comments:

  1. :(
    I'm sure Molly is missing you just as much..

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turns out Michael is NOT singing to our girl, but he claims he 'kind of' had cuddle time with her last night :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe him NOT singing to her is intended as a kindness..... :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I can't imagine having such fond feelings for a dog, but that's probably just because I'm so afraid of them. I managed to adore the bird we had, after I got over the fact that it was an animal. Sounds like you're great parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you can teach Molly to sing the songs herself so she's covered if you're ever away (and Michael doesn't!)
    Thanks again for the engagement present! Love it :) :) :)
    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries, sorry its soooooo late!
    I try to encourage her to sing along so she can learn the words, but so far I've been unsuccessful! :)

    ReplyDelete