Friday, April 23, 2010

New Activity!!

While we were away for our 1st wedding anniversary, Michael (all by himself) decided that we should be more pro-active about being healthy (Im quite sure he meant himself, judging by his rapidly depleting pile of Easter Eggs...) as in eating healthier, exercising etc. all starting from the day we got home from our time away....

The very first afternoon we set off eagerly for a short walk up to the yards and back (less than 1km round trip)...I say eagerly...at this point Id like to draw attention to the fact that he felt that digging up 20 or so rocks out of our lawn for me was his exercise for the day. It didnt take me long to sort that silly idea out! :)

Also the fact that it was 5 minutes away from dark also held some substance to his argument (so he thought!) until I produced pocket-sized torches! :)

So off we went, up to the yards with Molly trailing faithfully behind...until we were about 15m past Mum and Dad's house and realised that she'd gone 'visiting' again (really she's just trying to get fed...again!) About 200m on, she caught up to us :) looking very pleased with herself!

We picked some Kafir Limes then headed back...and then it happened!!!We were walking quietly hand-in-hand when Molly let out this awful yelp (like, REALLY loud!) We spun around with our torches trying to spot maybe a snake or something that must have bitten her to make her cry out that loud....and our torches connected with....



Yep, you guessed it...the electric fence!LOL!! Too funny, and I mean fun-ny!!!ha ha! Poor thing. Luckily though, we've been having some shorts on it so there isnt as much of a belt there as there could have been! She ran all the way home like a greyhound! Sadly though there are no photos of this event, but Im sure the image of it in your minds will suffice :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! - You have an electric fence?! (Please excuse my city naivete - or country naivete, once again.) Is that to keep the cattle in, or intruders out? Do you ever forget, and touch it yourselves!!? I'm guessing it's not life-threatening?? Poor Molly!
    Thank you for the limes! :) They smell so good out on the bench that I haven't wanted to put them in the fridge, or use them yet, but they will be used :)
    Yay for you both with the exercise goals!!
    (It occurs to me that your days at work might actually constitute just as much or more exercise than digging up a few rocks :)
    Have you ever noticed that it's precisely when you are eating Easter eggs or some-such that the idea of planning to exercise generally arises? - Which just goes to show what a positive effect chocolate does have :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah! Bec - this cracked me up! Poor Molly :( But what REALLY cracked me up was Micky wanted to exercise! Good for the two of you :) Sounds like the walk would have been really nice. And now that I'm a bit of an exercise fanatic as well (when I'm not on holidays of course!), I can be nice and supportive :)

    Lots of love,
    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bec,
    We have been watching a sci-fi series lately in which aliens can take up whatever shape they want, you know, other people and such. They can fool just about anyone but not me. "Micky" suggesting that you guys exercise was a definite giveaway. You got yourself an alien there. My guess is that Micky is in the laundry cupboard with the cow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...although Horns is now operational again - after a full hour of sewing though!!! I think you might be right about Michael - he even makes the bed in the mornings....a definate giveaway!!LOL!! Did the movie mention how to kill the aliens? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bec,
    I miss hearing from you! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bec, just checking in! Hope things are going well with you guys :)
    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bec! Just checking again, to see if you have posted recently.. Then I realized that this post is called 'new activity', and it make me smile because I immediately thought that you had posted something new!
    Miss hearing from you :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete