Friday, December 11, 2009

FRIDAY IS HERE!!!

Finally (sigh) we've made it to Friday!!!!
What a horrible week we've had!
At the start of the week we had an exam that we absolutely HAD to get 100% on (because it's so important - if we dont get the calculations correct, technically we could burn down a house...so its kinda important that we get it right!) and it covered 3 learning outcomes. Well...for the last two outcomes I got 100% no worries, but the first one was to do with Maximum Demand (ugh!) Im really starting to not like those two words in the same sentance! So basically, Im saying that I didnt do so well on the first outcome. It wasnt heaps wrong, just a little bit (and personally I think the teacher just wanted to be pedantic - is that how you spell it?) but it meant i had to go back (luckily we were given a chance to find the problem and fix it) and do parts of it again! And I still dont have a final result for this class because the teacher hasnt marked our last exam, or our portfolio, or our 8 assignments!!!
So maybe, if Im lucky, I wont recieve a letter in the mail (in another month or so, thanks to the time of year) saying I have to come back and sit the whole dang-it thing again!!
On top of that, Husband had an exam on Tuesday (I think) and another one today, so fingers crossed he wont also have to repeat due to his sookiness over having a bit of a tummy flu last week (I think it cost him alot, and now he's having trouble catching up).
But...onto brighter things (and wow, dont I feel better for having that whinge!!) looks like we wont be able to go home this weekend because we are so fabulously popular and have heaps of social events on down the coast. This arvo we're going back to Cleavers (surprise, surprise) then to Carseldine to go to Bunnings (I love that place almost as much as Ebay!) to look for a laundry cupboard, then off to Chermside, then to the TEMPLE!! I wonder if they've put out the nativity set yet? Anyway, got to go...Husband's about to pick me up and Im sitting in the Library at TAFE with my sneakers off. :)
Bec

4 comments:

  1. You guys have a blog? No one tells me ANYTHING!

    :)

    I'm glad you made it through the week (fingers crossed that there are no more TAFE visits this year!), and I hope you have a fab time with your 'very popular and social' weekend ;)

    xo Tammy

    PS. and yes, the Nativity is up at the temple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy, Nope, I dont have to go back until February! (and the crowd goes wild!!) and even then it shouldn't be too bad - i think that block is on motors and PLCs so it should be ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Fridays!! I recommend having kids - I just had my LAST Friday of not at home work in the foreseeable future and it's a little bit exciting. It sounds like you guys had a crazy week, and Micky's down here studying like crazy some more, so I hope you had a fantastic weekend inbetween! I hear you're both going to be down this weekend, that's great - you'll be here when Mum and Dad and the twins get home which should be exciting! Fingers crossed that you don't get one of those awful letters in the mail in a month, but I'm sure you'll be fine! See you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bec, I hope your final outcome (on the first outcome) goes well. It seems that if you got 100% on the other two, that things should be ok, no? I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you! You've been doing so well on everything, that I can't imagine you not doing well here too. Why should they make you wait so long for the results? No fair! But I am sure it will be fine :)

    I hope that husband is now perfectly well, and that all of his studies went well too.

    I'm glad you are popular :) (Not in the least surprised of course :)

    Lots of love,
    M
    xo

    (Michael signed on to my blog as a follower (thank you :) but I still can't easily get to your blog :( I think that if you sign on sometime, then it will add your blog to my list, which will then let me know whenever you have made a new post, and give me an easy link to get to it.)

    ReplyDelete