Thursday, March 25, 2010

Update

Ok, time for an update on all the happenings on the farm:

1. Wingnut is progressing nicely - his ears are still far too big for his head, but that's quality Brahmin breeding and incredibly cute! (as a side note, 2 more calves were born this week...seriously late for the calving season, or maybe just a little early for the next one...see what this crazy weather is doing?!)

2. All 8 chickens are still alive - this represents a rarity in farming as you almost always lose one or two..I guess we have super-chickens!

3. Old Lovie was retired this week (actually stuffed into the back of the Laundry cupboard to be used at a later date as a secondary Lovie...she needs quite a lot of tender love and care but that will have to wait until after she has had a long, hot soak in Napisan!) and was replaced by a brown cow called Horns.

4. We will soon have an addition to our family - its growing so quickly!!

5. I finally picked up our gazebo yesterday! Very exciting, but sadly wont get to assemble it until next weekend :(

6. Molly has discovered the wonders of a tennis ball! Up until now she has only shown disdain for it, but after throwing it at a chook today, she's decided that tennis balls are okay!

5 comments:

  1. I love Wingnut's name! He sounds very cute indeed. Is that what the crazy weather does to farm life? I hadn't thought about it properly before..!
    Congrats on the chickens! I'm personally not at all surprised that you have super chickens :)
    I really can't imagine who or what 'Old Lovie' is?? I don't think it's alive but I am not sure! ????
    Who/what is the addition?? A cat? A wombat? Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to hearing what you have named it - you have such interesting names for all your additions :)
    Hey! - great about the gazebo! Michael told me you were getting one. It should be fun to assemble too :)
    I'm surprised it took Molly so long! :)

    Thanks for the update Bec :) Farm life always seems so interesting.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I hope your back is much better?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was just a tad bit of confusion in our house tonight over old lovie... dad thought maybe it was a cow that ran free in the padocks... but he couldn't understand why you'd put it in the laundry cupboard... Very glad Micky was around to clear that one up :)

    lol!
    xo Tammy

    PS. I was sorry to hear about your Grandad Bec. I hope the service was really lovely yesterday. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok well I still have no idea about Old Lovie but I'm used to not knowing stuff so I'm gonna let that one go :P

    That all sounds very exciting! And a gazebo, how lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the gazebo up yet? I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend :) I'm so sorry you were feeling ill on Sunday. You've been in our prayers and our thoughts.

    xo

    ReplyDelete