Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday and hurting!

This week the pressure is on to fit-off Kureelpa house. This job has been on the go for about 8 weeks and we are usually one of the last tradies to get off of the job...this means we have to work really hard (and fast) because all of the other tradies are waiting to get paid (no one gets any more money until the house is completed and Al has handed over the keys). There has been added hold-ups due to the rain, and the fact that Kureelpa gets nearly double the average rainfall of the sunny coast (or at least close to it!). So the race was on...

After we decided it was too wet today to change over the mains, which includes me having to climb up to the very top of the pole to change it over - yuck! we then decided to make it an "indoor day" (very rare indeed!!and much desirable!!) Neither of us really felt in the mood for working at Kureelpa today, as we had had to go to several other jobs this morning before we could head down the coast. This meant that we didnt even get to Kureelpa until after 11:30am - a very late start for us!

Once we got inside and had Morning Tea, Dad gave me options on what I'd like to do...they werent very appealing...until I realised that as soon as we had finished these assigned tasks we could go home!! (and the crowd went wild!!) As I am super fast doing powerpoints, I agreed to do that - not a bad job, just mind numbing which also equals slowness :) So while I was racing away doing (...just counting in my head...) 27 powerpoints, Dad did (...sorry, should have counted this before I started writing...) 15 light switches (which are much more complicated), except he didnt have to affix his switches to the wall but I did! We finished at about the same time (super-fast!) Then while I assembled the 5 fans, he put them up (neither of us felt like going downstairs and hauling up the step ladder, and Dad can reach without it, whereas I cant! LOL).

The highlight here is that we were able to go home earlier than expected (will have to put in a killer day tomorrow though), but the lowlight is that I am now missing several layers of super important skin off of my left hand (from stripping the cable) I realise Im being a sook, but combining that with constantly (accidentally) pulling my stitches I am soooo ready to go to bed...and its only 6:30pm!! Wish my husband was here! :)

3 comments:

  1. Poor girl! I hope you enjoyed a movie in bed with a block of chocolate! Well, that's what I'd like to do after a long, hard day :) lol!

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for early finishes! I never really had any with work, but I did with uni! I love it even more that Jonny has early finishes from uni!!
    Hope you recover quickly!

    Jessima

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec, what stitches do you have? Is it from your mouth?
    It's nice to read a new blog post from you :)
    I love that the crowd went wild :)
    It's also interesting to learn something about 'a day in the life of a sparky'! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete