Turns out Wing Nut didnt even belong to us! We saw him and his mummy yesterday afternoon (on our property) but turns out his mum belongs to one of our next door neighbours! Probably a good thing she came back for him after all :)
That's so funny! I'm imagining Michael's face (and yours for that matter) if you had done all the work of hand-raising him before finding he was claimed by your neighbour! He would have been on a good wicket though, maybe getting fed by you both - clever little Wingnut! (Do like the name though! Well named :) Hope you are having a great week.
See, the thing is, that neighbour wouldnt have been able to tell it belonged to one of his cows, and personally I would have seen it as a bit of 'scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'...as he doesnt seem to believe in country courtesy (we are both responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of our border fences) so he's had some of our best bulls running with his cows for the last year or so...therefore Wing Nut was in all likelyhood 50% ours anyway! :) But Im still glad he's back with his mummy :)
haha! That's funny!
ReplyDeleteYeah... probably a good thing he went home then :)
xo Tammy
That's so funny! I'm imagining Michael's face (and yours for that matter) if you had done all the work of hand-raising him before finding he was claimed by your neighbour! He would have been on a good wicket though, maybe getting fed by you both - clever little Wingnut!
ReplyDelete(Do like the name though! Well named :)
Hope you are having a great week.
xo
aawee that is sad Yu can get really attached to littel baaby animals.
ReplyDeleteSee, the thing is, that neighbour wouldnt have been able to tell it belonged to one of his cows, and personally I would have seen it as a bit of 'scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'...as he doesnt seem to believe in country courtesy (we are both responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of our border fences) so he's had some of our best bulls running with his cows for the last year or so...therefore Wing Nut was in all likelyhood 50% ours anyway! :) But Im still glad he's back with his mummy :)
ReplyDelete