Its been several generations since we've been able to use the term 'Bull Brothers', as my brother was the only boy, as was my Dad. My brother has since sired 3 boys and today they said some really funny/cute things.
When we got home from work this afternoon, Riley asked if I was going to have a rest. I was quite definate in my answer that YES I was going to put my feet up for a bit, before I realised that he was actually asking if he could come hang out with me (Boy! Did I feel bad then!) so instead I suggested that he walk me home :) Riley had walked his bike up beside me the whole way home, as he wanted to 'walk with me' rather than get too far ahead. When we got to our main gate, I was going to say goodbye, then thought that maybe he might be interested in seeing our new calves, so I took him up to the calf pen and introduced him to each one :) After introducing him to the new babies, he hopped on his wheels and headed for home. Just before he disappeared around the corner of our house, I called out and said "I LOVE YOU!!" and he yelled back "I LOVE YOU TOO!!" Dear boy!
As he's almost 8, he's reached the age where its 'un-cool' to say I love you in public, so I thought it was especially sweet that he's still willing to tell me that when we're alone :)
A few hours later, I needed Mum's help with something for Michael, so I walked back down to her house. The boys were all in the shower, so I had some 'quiet time' to show Mum some baby gear I've been hoarding/ won off of Facebook. Just as we'd finished, and I was zipping up the suitcase I'd brought it down in, the boys all got out of the shower. Briden came up to me and asked 'What-cha-doin?' I replied 'Nothin', Then he asked what was in the case. I replied with 'Some things for my baby'. He then talked about how I have a baby in my tummy and wanted to know when he was going to meet it. I said it would be here in a few months, so he could meet it then. (LOL - this part is TOO funny!!) Then he asked what will we name it. I said we'd call it *Patrick if its a boy and *Shannon if its a girl. Briden's eyes got REALLY big and he asked "TWO babies???" Then I was like, 'NO!! ONE baby!!" ha ha! :) Then I went on to explain that we didnt know what we were having so we'd picked names in case it was a boy or a girl. :)
After a bit, Riley came up to me and I told him again that he needed a hair cut. He again said he wasnt getting his hair cut (quite insistently!) I asked him to explain why he didnt want a hair cut. He said it was because he wasnt a coon. Heh heh! I was taken aback, but humoured him. He said coons have short hair. I laughed "You're not black, dude." He said 'No, Im Iced Coffee'. I was like: 'What?' He showed me his very tanned arm and said 'Im Iced Coffee, so I dont want a hair cut otherwise I'll look like a coon!' LOL :)
After I'd cooked dinner for the kiddies (as Mum was helping me by doing something for me, so I helped her by getting dinner ready) I was doing the washing up and Briden came up and gave me a hug. Mum commented on the fact that Briden's head was right up against the baby. (He's so fascinated by all this stuff!) Then she asked if he knew where the head was. He said he didnt so I pointed to the left of my belly and said 'Its right here.' He gave me a really gentle poke and I looked at him and said "Great Briden! Now my baby's going to have a dint in its head!" He got this look of absolute horror on his face when I said that! So I had to explain that I was only joking and that there wouldnt be a dint! LOL :)
Anyway, they boys really crack me up sometimes! :) It was very nice to see them as we dont get the opportunity very often :)
Ooh, I forgot! Briden also made a comment about my Granny Undies (my bump support underwear!) how would a 5 year old even know that term?!
*Names have been changed.
So cute!!
ReplyDeletexo Tammy
Hahaha, kids say the funniest things! Especially when it comes to babies and pregnancy and breastfeeding etc, lol.
ReplyDeleteWhat cute nephews :) xo
! I thought I wrote on this ages ago! (I must have read it but not commented.. ) I was just coming on now to say that you should do another post sometime! :)
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a great day! :)
xoxo
I've been trying for AGES to do a new post, but because our quota for internet was just about up, I had to wait until now :(
DeleteThere'll be a new one up tonight, because our internet refreshed today! (YAY!!)