Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weeks 19 - 26...

Week 19 - Mango!

We had our 19 week scan this week. Aside from the scan taking over 2 hours (thanks to Bugalugs not co-operating) it was a fun time. Mum and Dad came with us, but they left after about 1/2 and hour as they had to be in the city for an appointment. Husband and I had a wonderful 'date day' (OK, with the sonographer!!) As she sent us outside to eat/drink sugary foods a couple of times in the hopes that Bugalugs would move into a better position. We also got to go for a stroll up and down the hallway outside her office (for about 20 minutes!!!) When we went in the final time, Bugalugs still didnt want to show its face, but in the end we got all the measurements (aside from one, that Denise said was 'close enough'...and she's always spot on with her measurements, so she must have been very fed up with Bugalugs to get a 'close enough' measurement!) All in all, it was a lovely day spent with our family, but my tummy is VERY sore - Denise wasnt exactly gentle with the pressure of her ultrasound thingy.

Week 20 - Banana!

Another scan! This time just a routine one with our Obstetrician. Mum came to this one too and had SO much fun! Sadly, the scanner had just run out of paper for the photo (Michael was SO disappointed!!) but he used his phone to take a photo of the screen instead. Its not great quality, but it'll do :) Bugalugs was again very shy and wouldnt show its face, but we got a great look at its hands and feet :)
...very CUTE hands and feet!!

Week 21 - Carrot!

Clearly I forgot to write this week, so have nothing to add. LOL!

Week 22 - Papaya!

Christmas!! ...and I cant eat much of anything *sob*. There simply is not enough room for my stomach and Bugalugs :( There goes my hopes for a repeat performance of last Christmas (living off ham for three days straight! *grins*)
Week 23 - Pomegranate!

I. Am. Sick!

That is all.

Week 24 - Grapefruit!

Believe it or not, but Im actually feeling terrific this week!!! :) Heartburn persists, but very little nausea and no throwing up!!! YAY!!
Met the mid-wife this week (Helen) and felt throroughly bullied into breast feeding. :( I know its the best thing, but dont hammer it down my throat!! *GRRR* Besides which, I refuse to feel guilty if I cant BF, so back off lady! Aside from that she was really nice...but that took up most of our appointment. Also, we had a little BF-ing demo. She had this fake boob and a baby and was demonstrating how to attach properly *Awkward!!* Then she pulled the skin off the boob and showed us the milk ducts - Ewww! Helen also used the Doppler on Bugalugs - and Husband was able to capture the sound of the heartbeat on his phone! :) No photos this week though as we didnt get a scan :(

Week 25 - Zucchini!

FINALLY came to a decision on a boy's name! Phew!! Well, we've picked one anyway - but I'd like to have two up our sleeve just in case 'he' doesnt suit that name...and the debates continue! But we're all good if its a girl :D
We have next to NO furniture for Bugalugs...we did pick up a co-sleeper though, so at least it has somewhere to sleep, but still searching for the 'perfect' bassinet.
Michael's family threw a wonderful suprise 30th party for him this week :) He was astounded that we'd all been so secretive without him knowing! LOL! Lucky he's not too observant sometimes :D

Week 26 - Eggplant!

Went to remedial massage this week for the first time since Week 9! I cant believe so much time has elapsed since I've last seen Lorraine! It was a perfect and wonderful visit, and I cant wait to go back again at Week 28! :)
We picked up our bassinet this week too! So Im really feeling more 'in control' of the situation :) (I was starting to panic last week when I realised we only had 15 weeks until Bugalugs turns up...EEEK! We've also chosen our car seat (THAT was an epic decision!!!)
After court on Monday (to support some good friends of ours) we realised that it was cattle sale day! So we all went to the sales (Husband, myself and Bugalugs) and I'll tell more about THAT in another post, but suffice it to say, Bugalugs really behaved during its first cow sale :)

I *finally* started sorting the spare room/nursery. After spending a full day in there I sadly have to admit that:
1. We have no room for a baby in our house! and;
2. It really doesnt even look like I've spent ALL DAY in there! :(

The last 2 weeks or so, I've really started to slow down. We're flat out at work, trying to catch up on jobs and get ahead a bit so that Dad can go on holidays at the start of Week 27. So Im working HUGE days, 5 days a week, and when I get home I kinda crash and burn a little bit. As much as I HATE seeing the washing up/ washing that needs doing, Im also really enjoying putting my feet up a little. Husband has been a great help lately (he's had the last 3 weeks off of work) but he just doesnt see the housework that needs doing - but with a little nagging (and in some cases a LOT) he gets most of the jobs done :) He's a dear :) ...but he STILL hasnt finished that darned chook pen!!! :(

Im desperately searching for a pair of swimmers, but everything either doesnt fit (clearly my bum got big during the last 26 weeks!) or they are WAY expensive. And lets face it, Im an eBay Ninja, so I dont want to pay full price for anything!! And so the search continues...



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Bec! Love being a part of it all with you. SO excited for you guys and can't wait to meet this Bugalugs (and see an end of sickness for you!!)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'So we all went to the sales (Husband, myself and Bugalugs)'

    :) How does it work for Bugalugs NOT to go with you anywhere? :) I'm glad Michael is being a help :)

    Counting down...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I meant that Pepper didnt come with us :)

      Michael is being a HUGE help with the housework and especially with the calves :)

      13 weeks to go... EEEK!

      Delete
    2. It was very fun reading that! I'm impressed that you've managed to already get most of your 'big' baby items!
      I'm glad you're feeling a big better! Prepare to only feel slower from here on in :P And YES! Unfortunately it seems the bums grow with the belly...at least mine definitely did. ...though so did everything..

      Anyway, I'm very excited to one day soon meet the little cutie who is sucking the life out of you :) xoxo

      Delete
    3. he he :) Thanks Bethy :)

      Im actually feeling pretty perky right now, in that Im not sick/throwing up/heartburny (too much anyway) but my feet have just started this annoying habit of swelling up a bit (I usually have skinny, bony feet so its kind of obvious!) but my ankles are staying nice and slim :)

      Im thinking my bum wouldnt grow as big if everyone didnt give Michael so much chocolate for Christmas/Birthday :) Usually we dont keep it in the house so that I dont eat it, but we've had an influx over the last few weeks and I *sob* cant help myself!!

      Delete