I have to admit, yesterday was a bit of a let down for me...
But Husband re-grouped and came back to me late in the afternoon with several hand-crafted crepe roses (think: engagement roses on the cruise) and two letters - one from him, one from Pepper. To be fair, he had at least started the letters several days before, but needed a kick up the bum to get it finished by Sunday afternoon :P
My letter from Pepper (scribed by Husband on beautiful stationary):
Dear Mum,
I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me. I love you so much. Thanks for picking me; I know Dad wanted that other, whingy sister of mine, and Im so glad you said no!
I love our cuddles together and really hope they continue, even when Im bigger. I also really love it when you give me a good scratch or tummy rub. I cant help but have my back foot go crazy when you do. It just feels so good.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I love you and you are appreciated.
Lots of love,
Pepper M. Munro
How sweet! :)
Then Husband wrote me this letter:
To my dear and darling wife,
I thought this Mother's Day I would write you a letter and let you know how much you mean to me. I know that finances dont allow for a lot at the moment, so I thought this would be a nice change (If you really needed a block of chocolate or something like that, however, I'll get it for you another day).
I love you and think you are someone incredibly special. Thank you for marrying me and putting up with me. I know I frustrate you a lot of the time and it often seems like I dont listen to, notice or appreciate the things you do...
...I recognise that you always put a big effort into looking your best when we go out to places *ha! he really doesnt know* I recognise that you work very hard around our house continuously to make our house a home. I recognise the efforts you make in bringing the spirit into our home and having Christ more at the centre of our lives. I recognise and thank you for the huge efforts you put into making me a better person, Husband and Patriach. I definately dont tell you enough that I recognise, or how grateful I am for the things you do. I know there are many things that I could mention in regards to things you do for me and for us and I will endeavour to tell you more in the coming days and weeks.
You are a wonderful daughter of our Heavenly Father whom I love greatly. You are kind and always looking out for others. You have integrity which means I see you live what you believe. You have a wonderful appreciation for life and the beauty of nature around you and use that to beautify our home with plants, flowers, trees and things you bring home from your travels. *Is he mocking me for 'saving' so many plants and animals? Does this mean he doesnt want me to bring home any more Jacaranda trees for him to plant out?*
You have a desire to follow your Saviour, Jesus Christ and constantly amaze me with that dedication. I was so incredibly proud of you when you did that talk in Young Women's a while ago, and even more proud when you taught in Relief Society the other week. By all accounts you shined. I know these were not easy things for you to accpt let alone do. They required lots of courage and even more faith. Thank you for being that example to me.
I know that you dont have a child (human) but you have all the attributes of motherhood and many of them come out as I watch you nurture and care for our fur-child, Pepper...
...Remember you are so important both to me, Pepper and Heavenly Father.
With more love than even my heart can hold,
Your Husband Michael.
P.S. Pepper just needed me to write as she doesnt have opposable thumbs. It was all from her.
What a delightful letter :) It made me feel SO bad for chewing him out earlier in the day, and even worse because I refused to read the letters for several hours due to pride...Look at what I almost missed out on!
So, although Mother's Day did not start out how I'd planned it in my head, it definately finished on an absolutely beautiful note :) *happy sigh*
Beautiful letters for a beautiful woman :)
ReplyDeletexo Tammy
Such loving, heartfelt letters. I'm glad Mothers Day turned out beautifully for you :)
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful letters Bec! :) Really lovely to read, thank you! :)
ReplyDelete(Was it an accident that you finished with a pun? Intentional? It was a good one! :)
Happy Mothers' Day :)
xoxo