Saturday, March 10, 2012

Decisions...

This week we've been faced with many decisions.

We have been patiently waiting for a litter of Dalmation pups. It took us a long while to settle on a particular breeder, but now Im not sure that was the right decision...

In the last week we've also found a six-month old boy pup named Gilbert - yeah, I know - whose owners moved to Switzerland on short notice and now cant afford to ship him over (or wont). Gilbert is currently living with his owner's sister, but she cant really keep him and its a sucky situation all around for poor Gilbert :( His situation reminds me so much of Molly - she wasnt wanted by so many previous owners either...my heart aches for the poor bugger, but Husband has said no. He really wants another little girl.

We've also come across a little black and white female (Dalmations can be black and white or liver and white - a brown colour) who is a little bit older (than regular puppy age) at ten weeks old. She's down in Tamworth so it could be a mini holiday for us. We're just waiting for more information from her owner - they are on a figi cruise at the moment and arent due back til Sunday.

And finally, we've also found a lovely breeder located at Kingscliff (also a mini holiday!) who was blessed with NINE little babies just recently. We would have to wait a little longer to pick up one of these pups, but I LOVE this breeder. She is so involved with her pups, she communicates VERY well and basically Im just getting a great feeling from her :) She's even asked for photos of our Molly in the hopes that she can (somewhat) match Molly's pattern with the new pup :) which I thought was very kind of her.

This led to me going through pictures of our dear Molly (again) to find good photographs of her markings. After a while I remembered that Mum had some photos of her that I hadnt gotten copies of. These are a couple of the many that she seng me :)

This was a sneaky photo Mum took of Molly and I... she calls it 'Bec walking Molly'. This one was taken only a week or two before she disappeared :



Im not certain when this one was taken, but I love it! :


It seems to say that although she's not particularly interested in having her photo taken, she will accept it...all the while keeping an eye out for Dad - cos she's not supposed to be in the house!! :)

In case no-one's heard me mention it in a while...I really miss my puppy :(

2 comments:

  1. That photo is really funny when you know that Molly is keeping an eye out for your Dad! lol

    Have you met the puppy from the breeder you originally chose yet? Is there something you don't like about that breeder, or just that these other options have come up?

    To be honest, I think that photo is more 'Molly walking Bec' :) What are you riding? How is your foot?

    I think Gilbert sounds good. And the Kingscliff breeder sounds great... One thing seems clear - you are going to have a new puppy some time soon! :)

    I miss Molly too :(
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    When she tipped her ears back a little like that, she was listening to something...although Dad NEVER hurt her, she was always a little scared of him - I think its because he is so big (and deaf) so quite loud.

    No, we havent met the pup from the original breeder (Shaun). He quoted us a price before the pups were born, but once they were born he advertised the litter for $200 MORE! He said he would honour the quote he gave us...but since then he hasnt been very communicative, so I suspect he's trying to get us dis-interested so that he can sell our pup for the full price...maybe he's not, but that's the feeling Im getting...

    I love that photo of Molly and I...there are so few of us together - mainly because Im the one behind the camera usually! Im riding Grandad Bull's scooter, that I inherited last year - it goes REALLY fast!! :)

    I feel really sad for poor Gilbert, but I really dont think he's the pup for us...Im about to contact his owner now to tell her...and Im really not looking forward to that! :(

    ReplyDelete