Thursday, January 27, 2011

Egg Number...

We have FINALLY reached egg number 12!!! :) After spending the morning wipper snippering our yard yesterday,I started cleaning out the chook pen. Id managed to rake/sweep out the whole pen before husband said we should sit in the shade and rest for a few minutes...during which time Pretty Chook kept going in the hen house (Molly's old kennel) and scratching around for a few minutes before going out again,then repeating the whole process again after just a few minutes. I said to husband that I thought she must be brewing an egg,so we should really hurry up and replace the dtraw with some fresh straw...we didnt get there in time tho,cos she laid her egg on the bare ground!Poor Pretty Chook! So we put in some fresh hay and that was only in for a few minutes when Stupid Chook decided that she,too, should lay an egg!! This brings us up to the magic number of 12....since Christmas!! I really hope they have the right idea now!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! :)
    I was saying to Michael just this morning that, if you would like, just say the word and we could all come up for a 'chicken-coop raising' - and get the new pen all built for you? It wouldn't take long at all with everyone helping and we would be very happy to do it. Michael said you want one that is not saggy! - but don't worry, we'd be sure and do it just how you would like :)
    Meanwhile, I suppose it is eggs for breakfast! Yum!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the offer! I really appreciate the thought :). Ive been meaning to send you an email for a while now...but have just been too busy...preparing for Capstone, organising my bathroom renovation etc, but will send one in a few days...i hope! :)

    ReplyDelete