Approximately a month ago, my husband and I came up with an absolutely (at the time...) brilliant idea - we would move our bedroom into the spare room (which is actually bigger) and we would do this with plenty of time of time to spare to allow Dad to come up and help us move furniture...ie before he went to Africa.
So far this has taken 3 weeks and counting! We are, at least, in the new room now, but it has been a long and (for me) frustrating time...I cant stand to have so much clutter! It inhibits my ability to think, perform constructively etc. Personally I dont think Husband has such a problem with the mess - I think this stems from the fact that he mostly isnt here to see it or the effect it has on my personality :)
Essentially our room is finished and the spare room's furniture has been moved and arranged, but we still managed to have 3 wardrobes left over plus about 2000 other items for which there is no room in my newly neatly organised spare room!
I have a thing about recycling...this isnt a new thing, and those who know me know that this is sometimes a bit of an obcession for me. However, in my newly neatly organised spare room, it seems I cant recycle AND have room for my sewing material/linens/filing/Michael's unpacked boxes etc. But I am determined to find a way, so watch this space! :) Also I have kicked out all the toilet paper/tissues/paper towel into Molly's room (I always have excess storage of this as we live in a flood prone area and I have lived through a flood-induced shortage of tissues/toilet paper...not fun!
So, a few days ago as I was walking past Molly's room, I was looking at the couch where there was yet another package of paper towels *Grrr* and I looked into her room (glancing at her, then looking at the top of the Laundry cupboard) and asked if there was any more room on top of the cupboard for yet more paper towels...at this point I would like to add that I did NOT expect an answer from her...but when I glanced back down at her she had THE most funny expression on her face as she was staring at the top of the cupboard as well, then back at me! Ha Ha! SOOOOO FUN-NY!! It was definately a 'you-had-to-be-there' moment! :)
I realise this post is a little dis-jointed, however I would like to stress that I've been up since 2:30am this morning and am fading fast...would like to go to bed early, but Husband has been caught up in traffic and wont be home until at least 10pm...and the only polite thing to do would be to wait up for him *sigh* :)
(After writing a really long comment last week, I lost it all!! Grr :)
ReplyDeleteI was quite surprised to read that you were moving! Lol - until I saw it was just to another bedroom :)
Can the 2,000 items fit into the 3 leftover wardrobes?
Why were you going to bed at 1:42 AM!? You are a good wife to wait up :)
(I hope it's all good now :)
xo
I'm glad you've got such a nice new clutter-free room :) I'm sooooo like that too. Can't think if I'm in a mess. And yes, I suspect that Micky does NOT have that same problem... lol!
ReplyDeletexo Tammy